Video camera for recording indoor educational videos around £150?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography, Home and Portable Electronics' started by Grimbarian, Jul 4, 2016.

1. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    My wife has started her own online school teaching 3d modelling (GameArtUnboxed). For the first couple of videos she used her phone (Samsung Galaxy S4) but that has less than ideal quality for indoor use so we're looking to get a dedicated video camera that will work well indoors, she has decent lighting set up on the wall in front of her (2x 1.2m 60w LED tubes) now just needs to find a camera, I was looking at something like the Panasonic HC-V160 which is supposed to be good indoor/lowlight with its "high sensitivity MOS sensor", anyone have experience with it? Recommend something else of a similar price range?

This is one of her course videos, you can see it's just standard shoot and talk to the camera stuff: http://gameartunboxed.com/unit/mc_aaaprops_1-03/?id=4582

Much thanks in advance!

2. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Blackmagic Cinema Camera 2.5K

It's seriously out of your price range by about $1,000, but it will record RAW with very high dynamic range and probably the best low-light performance of all of the RAW cameras out there, before you get into ARRI $50,000+ zone.

Get one second hand.

Compelling comparison video review with the Canon 5D:

https://vimeo.com/49875510

PS: it takes SSD's!

3. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    I appreciate the reply but it doesn't really help to suggest a camera that's many, many times over the budget indicated in the title :)

4. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Low light performance and quality of image are important, and are not cheap - but compared to a new iPhone...or Computer...or as a business expense which can be written off after three years (UK) or is tax deductable...not so expensive any longer is it?

And your videos would be of such a high standard, people would pay you more professional consideration, versus video which was created on a phone camera...I mean, that's why you asked is it not? Because you want the videos to have a higher quality, and low-light performance? To look professional?

Just putting things in a different perspective for you, not an attack :)

5. Quty

Quty Guest

GPU:
    GPU Radeon R7 250
    Buy GoPro camera)

6. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    In the end we went with a Logitech C930 Webcam, decent quality/price.

7. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    They just released the Logitech BRIO 4K HDR.

Very impressive tech:

https://www.logitech.com/en-gb/product/brio

It's so good, I might get one - but you will need a pretty fast HDMI port and Kaby Lake under certain situations.