For Switch from Nvidia to ATI, delete folder in User Name, App Data, Roaming, Folding

Discussion in 'Folding@Home - Join Team Guru3D !' started by linyanti, Feb 26, 2011.

1. linyanti

linyanti Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 1080 GTX Founders C
    This post is for the simple people such as myself who just cannot get things to work right. This is Vista 64.

I had switched from an Nvidia GTX 285 to an ATI 5870 videocard and I could not get the Folding at Home GPU version to work. (uninstalling, reinstalling, etc.)

There were all these workarounds listed but I wanted to see if there was an easier way and I did find a mention of deleting a data folder and here is where it is.

First, I uninstalled all Folding@Home programs (CPU and GPU, I had not been running the CPU program) then I went to: Computer, (User Name), App Data, Roaming, Folding@Home and deleted the entire folder(s). (There may be a CPU and a GPU folder.)

Then I downloaded the GPU 6.41 Systray Version (the easy one to install and run). Installed it and it is folding.

It is interesting how the Nvidia GPU folds about twice as fast. I put the GTX285 videocard in a dual core machine and it puts out twice the output as the 5870 in an i7 920 machine.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2011
  2. PantherX

PantherX Folding@Home Team Leader

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti
    I did cover this in my GPU3 Guide (Post) which can be found in here also (Thread) ;) Glad that you got it working :)

3. linyanti

linyanti Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 1080 GTX Founders C
    I actually had read that thread. The thread is too long and complicated to keep my concentration working.

4. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Radeon cards output more WU's....while GeForce cards get higher PPD.