Subnautica exploration game

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by pjokerxp, Sep 4, 2014.

1. pjokerxp

pjokerxp Banned

GPU:
    Palit GeForce GTX 680 2GB
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2014
  2. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    This game looks pretty cool...

3. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/264710/

Been playing it on Steam Early Access for a while but it's been a few weeks now as I'm waiting for the daily updates to stop, it's often updated several times a day so I'm guessing they are "hotfixing" any found bugs and other issues and on occasion also releasing new content.

Once that calms down a bit the game should be in a pretty good state, perhaps even in beta. :)

4. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    So they are pretty active with it that's good...

I haven't played it yet, only just discovered it yesterday and then was going to start a thread about it here on the guru forums because I hadn't seen one yet.. good thing I did a search first xD

Early Access can be fun, but then the downside is waiting for them to implement features into the game :T

5. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    This was good!!!

Frankie~

6. Texter

Texter Guest

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    This is heading towards a very relaxing game...

7. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    I need this!

8. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    such good game. i mean have potential. bought and played. loving it..indeed needs alot of work.

9. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Just the idea of going down really deep under water.... it's so scary.. but so awesome.

10. Duke Nil

Duke Nil Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    They've added a lot of content in a pretty short amount of time, definitely interested to see where they go from here

11. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    What is the deepest you can go in the game? so far I have managed 165m... I found a cave that goes down past the sea bed.

I made the Sea Moth so far, The crafting is easy to understand which is nice.

Very nice in game music as well, Usually I mute music for games but this one has nice music : >

*edit*

Manged to get down to around 400.. the further you go away from where you spawn, it becomes nothingness.. Just deep trenches.. well it is still in development xD

Last edited: Mar 9, 2015
  12. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Mega-bump :D

Strange this game hasn't gotten more attention here, watched some lp's and thought this game is next on my must-buy list.

Anyone still playing? Assuming the game's pretty vast and stable these days?

13. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Uh yes, I got it a while back and waited a bit for various updates to come out.

So I got around to actually playing it recently, having a better pc helped.

Right now i've got the first sub, exploring some of the deeper areas but i need some more crush protection stuff to really get deep.

Got to both land parts and done the ship, so just gotta go deep.

Stability, don't think i've had a crash, had a few graphics glitches, but lots to see and do for sure. I've got 14 hours in it and I think probably 10 more hours of content to go maybe, lots of hunting around for resources

14. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Bought it and immediately know I'll be hooked, played for 2 hours so far.

There's some story content in too apparently where you can try to discover what happened and why.
    The underwater setting is just plain beautiful and the game isn't too harsh on survival things which can be turned off too (if playing freedom mode).

15. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Yeah survival mode is good to start on but after 6 hours of it it just becomes a slog and slows you down (takes inventory space) even though it's not challenge at that point, I turned it off easy enough

16. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Yeh it's bit of a slog but on the other hand makes you think ahead a bit before venturing off farther.

Btw do I need to find mod. station fragments or something before I can build a base? The constructor has plans for foundation and connecting channels or such by default only.

In videos I saw like round structures which then connect with these channels I think.

17. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    You can build a base from the start but it will just be connecting pipes like you said, no big rooms.

You can find big spherical rooms and observatories elsewhere in the game that you scan before you can use them. If you want I can tell you where they are.

What's irritating is converting your base from pipes to actual rooms, moving lockers and stuff takes forever, wish you could just move the actual locker item.

18. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    ah ok, I need to find them and scan them, thanks!

I repaired the comm relay in life pod. Soon it picked up a message from a rescue vessel and gave coordinates for landing site.
    I got there and there was an island and a huge alien installation. Explored a bit of the installation and realised it was set to destroy any approaching craft.

Tried to disable it (there's a button) but it said no infected specimen may disable the system. So the rescue vessel got shot and destroyed!

Talk about a wtf moment! There's another installation deeper from that one. Idk if you can somehow manage to not be infected and stop the system and actually be rescued.

My immediate thought was you should only drink bleach-cleaned water which is free from organisms but not sure if that's so simple...
    something to try on new run from start.

EDIT: I found a Radiation Suit from another lifepod but even when it's equipped I can't apporach the crash site (take damage when radiation detected).

Do you know if that's a bug and you need to craft it anyway or am I missing something?

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
  19. Duke Nil

Duke Nil Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    You need a radiation suit, helmet and gloves. All 3 should be craftable, think you just need lead and fibers you can make from creepvine samples.

You'll also want a repair tool, laser cutter and probably propulsion cannon if you want to explore the aurora and stop the radiation

The trello board says there's supposed to be an update tomorrow, I'm glad because I've gotten to the point where there's nothing else to do/explore until they add more content

20. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    Does this game have fixed or dynamic world?

Fixed would be something like starcraft map and dynamic is minecraft.