Looking for a Mb

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by jimmy123, Apr 16, 2014.

1. jimmy123

jimmy123 Active Member

GPU:
    9600gt
    Hi there been looking through the web to see what motherboard to use but seems like theres some competition out there.

Going with intel 4670 k not sure weather i should get 8g or 16g of Corsair CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 Vengeance ?

will have single gpu had SLI twice and both times had problems so sticking with one card now.

i not much of an over clocker will tweak abit but more intrested in long term and stable use.

i looked at MSI Z87-G45 will probably go with that one unless theres anythink cheaper.

2. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    8gb of ram is enough for gaming but if you can afford 16gb, why not.

I did myself a lot of research for a z87 motherboard and came to the conclusion that unlike previous generations, there´s a lot of viable options at any given price and it´s more of a personal preference really. The MSI Z87-G45 is a great board. So is the GIGABYTE Z87X-D3H for the same price, with higher quality components. The ASROCK FATAL1TY Z87 KILLER for the same price offers excelent bang for the buck and a hit from asrock, really great. The ASUS Z87-PLUS is a solid offer from asus and i have nothing againt it.

I ended up going with the GIGABYTE Z87X-UD3H that just kills the competition at just 145€ using higher components sush as 10k capacitors, the same the ROG from asus use and the performance is astounding across all tests. Has dual bios, degub led, overclocks like a king. This would be my recomendation but any board i mentioned and much more is a solid choice.

3. jimmy123

jimmy123 Active Member

GPU:
    9600gt
    Thanks alot, much apprecaited.

I have looked at the GIGABYTE Z87X-D3H but tobe honest its it above my head.
    After reading through alot of reviews i sorted gave up and asked for help on here.

Well kind sir i hope your advice is correct because im off to order myself one :)

thanks again

4. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    It´s great board, i´m sure it´ll meet your expectations.