9800 Pro > FireGL?

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by kaorur32, May 6, 2004.

1. kaorur32

kaorur32 Guest

Dear friends:
    I have to say sorry that I am totally newbie on this soft-modding area. I just discovered that my newly bought ATI Radeon 9800 Pro is having glithches with my Maya 5, which I am currently learning and working on. I was so desprate that I was about to return my Radeon 9800 back. However, after searches on the forum, your RivaTuner seems to giving me some hope.

Still, after reading and searching the forum, lots of people here seems to be familar with the interface of RivaTuner and how it works. I was so hasitating asking these newbie questions but I seriously need some quick instructions from you experts now because my Maya class is in progress.

Can someone please explain to me in detail about the mothod of soft-modding? I downloaded the latest RivaTuner, installed it, but once I see the menu of "Power User" I was afraid to touch anything in fear that I might kill my video card.

Please point me to the right direction about this, like what files do I need? What "patching" method should I go thorugh...elt. If there is already a detailed source regarding my specific question on Internet that I missed, please direct me there as well. Thank you very much for your attention~

:O Sincerely

2. kaorur32

kaorur32 Guest

Now I successfully followed the steps and patched my Radeon 9800 to FireGL X2. The display advanced property shows my 9800 as FireGL X2 as well. However, when I start Maya 5 and XSI, they both freeze at the start up. Then my whole system forzes thus have to restart...I guess I will have to change to back to Radeon 9800 if this can't be solved....do any of you experts out there know how to solve this?

3. ul71

ul71 Member

GPU:
    Ati 9800 Pro 256
    I think is easier for you to install FreeFireGL pack you can find at http://www.hardwarelab.ru/files/FreeFireGL_6378.exe like a normal driver (first you must remove catalyst, of course) choosing ATI RADEON 9800 PRO@FireGL X2.
    This driver contains also the control panel.

regards

Loris

4. kaorur32

kaorur32 Guest

Thanks alot!! I followed your method, and it works like a charm now with my Maya 5. All the glitches are gone as of this moment, and hopefully it continues to work fine~

I can't say how much I appreaciated your help. I was so desprate without anybody having same problem with me who are able to answer my questions. Thank you again for giving me such a useful tip.