Standy Mode & Automatic Profile Loading?

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by hash3m, Oct 2, 2009.

1. hash3m

hash3m Active Member

GPU:
    2x EVGA GTX 275
    Standby Mode & Automatic Profile Loading?

I use Standby mode often. So with RivaTuner, I use Windows Task Scheduler to launch RivaTuner after waking up from Standby, and I set my profile to load upon RivaTuner launch. Therefore my profile is reinstated upon Wakeup because RivaTuner launches upon Wakeup.

Can I do something similar with Afterburner? (Trigger the profile to load upon launching Afterburner?)

Afterburner is incredible, and I'm in love with the fan control. I'm just wondering how to make my profile load itself automatically upon waking up from standby mode.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2009
  2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

There is no such internal scheduler and automatic profile reloading after standby mode feature. So for now use the hotkey associated with a profile to restore it if the driver is not restoring settings after resuming
    However, I could think about integrating it somehow into built-in 2D/3D profiles management module.

3. hash3m

hash3m Active Member

GPU:
    2x EVGA GTX 275
    Anything would be nice, you've done a great service by providing this program :)

2d/3d profiles seem kinda tedious and not fully automated from what I read. It would be preferable if your team is able to make the global profile load upon Afterburner launch... Then we can create a Windows Task Scheduler task to launch Afterburner on Wakeup.

Do profiles stay in memory if we close Afterburner, the same way they do with RivaTuner? If so, then for now we can:

1. Windows Task to launch Afterburner upon Wakeup
    2. Hotkey to load profile
    3. Close Afterburner to save RAM

4. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

you can already do that via -profile1 ... -provile5 command line switches

Yes. But not in memory, in your graphics hardware. For example once you change fan speed in Afterburner, you may close it. And the fan speed will stay there either until graphics card is powered down (or suspended) or until some other software decide to change it.

5. hash3m

hash3m Active Member

GPU:
    2x EVGA GTX 275
    You've been really helpful, thank you.

As far as adding anything, I would simply suggest the ability for Afterburner to load a profiles on schedule (i.e. upon Afterburner launch). If not, well life goes on -- I understand Afterbuner isn't RivaTuner.

You answered everything this thread was about. Thank you so much, I know your time is valuable. ;)