Evga 9800 GX2 problem

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by SavageAcE, Oct 5, 2008.

1. SavageAcE

SavageAcE New Member

GPU:
    Evga e-Geforce 9800 gx2
    Well i been trying to find a solution for my problem on the internet and so far I havn't found a answer.

Well the problem is that when I play a game(Medieval 2 TOW and ARMA) aswell when I run 3dmark06 I get these green lines on the screen.The green lines are transperant so it doesn't really effect me or the performance of the video card but it sucks.Again this only happens when I play games and not all the time.

The only way I could fix this problem is to turn off Multi-GPU mode on my Nvidia control panel and put multi display mode but my performance decreases.

I also recorded this on fraps but when I saw the video the green horizontal lines weren't their.

I have also tried several of drivers from newest to what people consider great and none of them do anything to solve the problem.

So what could be causing this problem and do you guys know any solutions?Thanks any help will be appreciated.

2. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    Welcome to Guru3D, SavageAcE.

Did you try a different monitor cable, or monitor, already?

3. Terrorizor

Terrorizor Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX260 SC
    need more information, power supply model, motherboard model,bios version, chipset and gpu driver version,what case are you using and what monitor is the card connected to.

4. Cairo

Cairo Member Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE HD4870 @800/1050
    that also happened to my friend with XFX 9800GX2 and didnt find any solution yet
    he was thinking in RMA it
    but if theres a solution that would be good

5. Mersonix

Mersonix Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GT 550m
    Sounds like a monitor/monitor cable problem. Try getting new drivers, official ones (even if they are a step back). Make sure you uninstall properly. If they're still there then it's probably a monitor/cable/adapter problem.

6. SavageAcE

SavageAcE New Member

GPU:
    Evga e-Geforce 9800 gx2
    Do I need program to uninstall properly because I just do it the default way and install my new drivers.

Does it matter which videocard it's on?becasue it's on the 2nd from a vertical standpoint.

I been thinking that it could be the monitor or cable but why does it only not work on multi GPU mode.

7. Terrorizor

Terrorizor Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX260 SC
    thats the reason why i said more information was needed about your system. so if you could post more of your specs people can be more informed to help find the root.

8. SavageAcE

SavageAcE New Member

GPU:
    Evga e-Geforce 9800 gx2
    CPu: q6600
    Motherboard:Abit IP35 Xe
    PSU:650 w Antec True power trio
    Case:Antec three hundred
    Monitor: Westinghouse 20" LCD Monitor
    L2046NV

Video card Driver:I have tried a couple but currently it's 177.89

Memory: Patriot 2gb x 2 1066 mhz