Grand Theft Auto 5 Thread Pt. 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Apr 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CryZENx

CryZENx Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980Ti ACX 2.0
  2. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    MSAA 2X is sufficient. 4x will hurt you a bit.. With a 290 though you should be fine.

I found disabling vsync in game and forcing it through NCC has better results.

3. stereoman

stereoman Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080 GPRO
    that's good to know, I look forward to trying this out with the xbone controller tomorrow but what I mean with impulse triggers is do the triggers actually rumble independently of the main controller rumble? Apparently from what i've read the feature has to be coded in, not sure whether Rockstar included it with the pc version of GTAV, anyway will figure it out tomorrow.

4. johnnyman28

johnnyman28 Active Member

GPU:
    Asus R9 290 DirectCU II
    thx for the suggestion!!MSAA doesnt make image blurred?v-sync can be force via CCC too?

5. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    Been ages since I owned a AMD card but this should be a basic function in CCC

6. johnnyman28

johnnyman28 Active Member

GPU:
    Asus R9 290 DirectCU II
    its basic function yes but maybe it doesnt work with gta v.i ll try it now!! :)

7. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Theres definitely a v-sync bug, as i was just playing there for a while, thought whats going on here, im only doing 47/48fps here, where earlier, i was getting 61/62 same spot, then i remembered, i hadn't turned v-sync off and back on.

Turned v-sync off, and the frames went back up to 61/62 again, then popped it back on, and they stayed there at 61/62.

8. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    I know, same here. Got my char transfered from PS3, had a bombing chick... Got an opportunity to change her appearance, or fix it rather... After changing... she still looks fking weird, wtf? And I even got to change her appearance TWICE, thinking that the previous ones didn't save or something.. or a server reset / disconnect or whatever.. still, they didn't stick lol, wtf.

Now she looks kinda weird.. but whatever.. :D Would do everything to fix her haha.

9. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    i don't know how to find a good torrent ,do you know any trusted site to find this game. since it's very new., i just need social club patch 5gb.

10. kapo

kapo Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1
    Yeah that's exactly what happened to me except now i got a guy who looks like a girl... :mad:

edit: ah turns out you can fix most of it at the barber shop. Still it gave me some weird skin blemishes that i don't like..w/e

Last edited: Apr 16, 2015

11. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KickassTorrents

but I dont think anyone has made a torrent with just the 5gb patch

12. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Performance wise its not perfect yet.

13. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    The only thing I am not a fan of is the custom radio station. You have yo use indivual files. You cant browser to your music folder or just drop album folders in. Just one by one copy in single files. Kinda lacking.

14. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
    There is a way to do it dude. I read today. Something about pointing to your files or creating a link or something. Can't remember where I saw it. Might have been on PC Gamer site.

15. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    Symbolic link maybe.

16. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Thats just a shortcut you're talking about, which is working. But no "playlist"!

17. YWAGMOTH

YWAGMOTH Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970 G1 Gaming
    Hey homies, finally got some time to play gta5 and i get very good performance from this, the thing that bugs me are some ocasional dips in frames.

I play with everything on max, except aa that i use fxaa, and vsync on. I can get constante 60fps, but some times it drops to 50s an 40s. It seems that using ingame vsync helps with this dips, using nvidia drivers foreced vsync makes it worse.

For you guys with similar spcs to mines, what graphic settings are you using in 1080p?

18. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Your answer..

19. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    Is it possible to turn off that damn screen flash that happens when you kill someone? I'm confusing it with damage taken.

20. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    Yeah. I figured it out.. I was dumb and choose a album of flac files by mistake.. Folders do work

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.