Anyone downgraded to kitkat due to bugs?

Discussion in 'Tablets and Smart Phones' started by StewieTech, Jun 7, 2015.

1. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
  2. angershark

angershark Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD
    Shutting off background data for the google service seem to help on my z1, instead of draining 25% it now around 2% per charge with stamina mode enabled.

3. suture

suture Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1070 GTX
    had a similar problem in my nvidia shield tablet
    5.0 worked fine but 5.0.1 (or something) had that issue i think it was related with background data like angershark said, i turned of sync and location and improved alot.
    Nvidia fixed that a few weeks later tough.

In my nexus 5 never had issues, well.. except a rare random reboot when i got it (2013) and it was in kitkat, tbh never bothered me and its gone now.
    Overall every android version keeps getting better (currently on 5.1.1 on nexus 5)

i mess around alot with nexus 7 and nexus 7 (2013) too, they are both great.

imho nothing beats a good combination of good hardware (Asus/LG) and good software support (google)

Last edited: Jun 7, 2015
  4. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    No problems at all here on my Nexus 7 with 5.1.1 (or maybe it's 5.1.2, whatever the latest one is).

5. Blacklac

Blacklac Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 960 SSC 2GB
    Nah, 5.1.1 is beautiful again. 5.0.2 was bad, though... Luckily I wasn't on it long.

6. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    No problems here, using the latest 5.02 on Sony Xperia Z3. Getting 2-3 days battery with heavy use...

7. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    Ive been thinking about the same thing... with kitkat my phone lasted days on batteri... now im Lucky if it lasts more than 1.