Call of Duty Black Ops 2?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Game actually looks very nice visually considering that it is 360 footage.
    I can see what you mean about the blur every few seconds not even sure why it happens, if it happens every time you get shot then that is perfectly acceptable but i don't think it is, unless he was getting shot far too much lol.

Either way i don't have sensitive eyes, so it's not something that would bother me.

Gameplay wise while it looks better than the new MOH, it still doesn't look good enough to make me part with cash just for the SP, which is a pity as it will take a long time to become cheap.

2. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    They've a sandbox mode for the SP and a branched story but let's see how it really is in a few days. At least Treyarch seems to be trying!

3. UnrealGaming

UnrealGaming Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Tried some zombies on the xbox. Graphics are bad, gameplay is the same, sound is better. People that played the campaign also say that graphics are worse than the previous one. ( not sure if they meant previous COD or BO ).

4. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310

5. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    This game will be the most unexciting launch of the year for me and, as such, it'll be the first year I'll be giving Call of Duty a miss (I barely played the previous two games). And at £40 for a PC game, Activision can just go p*** right off!

I used to really enjoy these games when Infinity Ward made them but even Modern Warfare 3 felt uninspired and boring IMO. The Treyarch games are just inferior copies of IW's Call of Duty titles, only with more bugs and selling on the reputation of the IW games (since they're both released every two years as the developer alternates each year). Blacks Ops was dreadful and had a bug on my system that meant the videos never played smoothly (rather than being locked at 30 fps like the IW games, they alternated between 10 and 50 fps!!!). Even the multiplayer menu was prone to horrendous slowdown, again, not present in the IW games. As such I won't be touching Black Ops II with a barge pole. I think Treyarch are e a mediocre developer myself who are only successful because their games follow a superior IW Call of Duty game.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2012
  6. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    I must admit I liked all the Treyarch titles much better than the IW ones. In retrospective WaW and BO are my favorite titles, right before MW1 and CoD2 ;)

Right now I'm very much looking forward to this release even though I could've done without the typical pre-launch confusion they pull off every year.
    I'll have to wait until tomorrow as I went for a physical copy (can't pass a steelbook!).
    The setting of the last BO sounded more interesting in advance but I hope they have something to make up for that :D

7. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Agreed. Treyarch's entires (World at War, Black Ops) felt more fleshed out and involved then Infinity Ward's Michael Bay styled crap fest that were MW2 and 3.

I have some interest in Black Ops 2, mostly because BO had easily the strongest story out of any CoD entry. But, considering I'm only invested in the title for the single player... I can't justify spending sixty dollars on it.

8. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    Will wait for some reviews before buying this BOP2

9. charliehamster

charliehamster Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX-1070

Strike force mode will add longevity to the singleplayer, plus offline bots have been drastically improved so they can play objectives. Multiplayer will be the same sweaty campfest it is every year.

10. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    The price may indeed be quite steep for singleplayer alone although it might still be much better than most (if not all) of its competitors.
    The campaign can keep you entertained for a while if you try to get all challenges and achievements plus the coop/Zombie mode is great too.

Multiplayer, as the name says, totally depends on the other players. It may be a blast or it may be horrid depending on who you're playing with.

11. charliehamster

charliehamster Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX-1070
    The problem with multiplayer cod games is that they don't promote teamplay,unless you are playing with friends. Remove sniper or limit sniper class and the cod community would probably collapse in on it's self :)

12. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    is this game unlocking at midnight? gamefly app says it does but its monday 10am here and steam app says 1 day 3 hours which is around 9am

13. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
  14. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    @charlie: I guess I'd only use one hand to count the snipers I've seen in Black Ops (roughly 400 hours played).
    What you're saying is basically one of the things I like the most about these games: You can play alone or you can play better with a bunch of friends. Both ways work though and they work very well.

15. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Unlocks in 4 hours for me :D

16. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Upgrading
    Can't wait till it's unlocked, sadly my key will arrive later tomorrow cause of the amount of pre-orders the website has.

I'm so excited to play the multiplayer and raging away ;)

17. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Does this game have a SLI profile? :-S I was playing the campaign and checked AFterburner to notice that only my first card was active.

Edit: hahaha .. they've their own 24x7 Nuketown server! :D

18. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    it says game is out on steam..wtf man..i thought there are weeks to go.

19. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    It's awesome! :D

20. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    bought and downloading. too much GBs on SP game..wow.