Issue with 4890's and Rivatuner

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by -HaRdCoRE-, Oct 30, 2009.

1. -HaRdCoRE-

-HaRdCoRE- Banned

GPU:
    2 x MSI 570 GTX
    I have 2 4890's that I oc using rivatuner 2.24 and voltagefactory. I'll set both my card at 1.35v using voltagefactory, set an auto-start profile so it loads those voltages when I enter windows, and then create profiles for my cards clocks in rivatuner...everything will work fine for weeks on end then randomly one day I will enter windows and my voltages will be at stock, unable to be changed via voltage factory..and all my rivatuner OC profiles will be gone. I see weird fluctuating clocks after this happens and the voltages will change almost every second while loading a map or level..for example will bounce from 1.05v 240 core 975 mem which i believe is it's idle state to 1.05v, 500 core , 975 mem (which i have never seen before) up the 3d clocks and back down and up again until the level loads and then my actual 3d clocks kick in..It's scares me slightly watching my clocks and voltages bounce around to these three "power states" while a game is loading..can't be too healthy for the cards..until the level loads and the 3d clock will stay consistent. If i try to set the clocks in rivatuner and voltages in voltagefactory nothing will stick at all, even if i disable cross fire. The only way i have been able to resolve this is to re install rivatuner and /or ati drivers.
    The strange thing is that it will work for weeks fine with autostart profiles for both programs and then randomly out of no where it will all go to hell :bang:...Just curious of anyone has encountered this issue or Unwinder, if you are aware of this issue? I hope my description of the issue makes sense but i would be glad to elaborate. Thanks!

Forgot to mention that I am using Win7 ult 64-bit..which I know is not probably properly supported till the next release of rivatuner.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2009
  2. Vomit

Vomit Member Guru

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE 7970 Vapour-X
    have you disabled UAC by any chance?, if you have set it back to its default, i have had a similar problem with the gpu monitor not loading in the sidebar or sideshow and that seems to have been caused by changing from the default UAC level to a lower one.

3. avadona

avadona Member

GPU:
    xxxxx
    subb'd