Fast sync

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by maxstep, Aug 30, 2016.

1. maxstep

maxstep Guest

GPU:
    4090 + LG OLED 65
    Running triple U3014 via displayport driven by SLI 980ti.
    368.69 fast sync worked and everything was perfect. Tested in overwatch, blops2, blops3, bf4.
    (Fast sync is enabled via nvidia inspector)
    Since that release for some reason fast sync has been capped at 199 frames and causes stutter and lag.
    I am aware that fast sync is not officially supported under SLI, but it worked flawlessly – I can post video proof.
    Fast sync was a game changer for me and I am extremely upset that it stopped working, I tried all the other drivers and only the .69 worked.
    Any idea what causes the 199 cap?
    Also I lose 20 frames in overwatch on any driver later than .69, again I can post proof.
    Any ideas?

2. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Are you using all three of those monitors at once? How are you getting over 200fps at that resolution?

3. maxstep

maxstep Guest

GPU:
    4090 + LG OLED 65
    I am, been running 8k (8200x1600) since 2007, but had flagship quad GPUs of each generation, before these 2 nvidias.
    Overwatch unfortunately does not support full surround and runs at the main screen and about 25 percent of each of the side screens - I get 250 stable at epic.
    Black ops 2 gives me 230-250 at ultra with 4x msaa.
    Black ops 3 for example only nets around 70-80 at ultra at 8k.
    I mostly play blops2 and overwatch and bf4 and all of these titles give me above 200 frames.

Cards are running at ~1500 core each and cpu is heavily overclocked along with cache and ram.

4. maxstep

maxstep Guest

GPU:
    4090 + LG OLED 65
    Any ideas/insights from the knowledgable community please?