Massive Frames Loss, Crysis 1.2.1 2x7950s

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Plug2k, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Got my 2 7950s @1100/1420

all my other games work fine but went to try crysis out
    and its got a massive bug that i cant figure out is it my cards.

I started it up and basically i get 99% gpu @ all maxed out 8xaa
    frames are in the 90s-100s at the start then a second later my frames take a DIVE down to 10fps :eek: and they stay there lol, even though both GPUS are showing 99% usage still my frames wont go back up to how they where unless i reboot the game, then it does it all over again, even if i select 4xaa or 8xaa...

Im sure this is a bug but i want to know for sure as i hope its not card related.

using the beta11`s. only thing i can think of is that its a crossfire issue.

2. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    I can try to test it, what part does this occur?

3. jackliu913

jackliu913 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti AMP Extreme
    what voltages are you running them overclocks at?

4. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Happens randomly but you will soon notice it within 10-15 minutes then when it happens, frames drop to around 10fps for about a 10-15 seconds then they return to normal then again it will happen.. its very strange.

Play from the start of the game up untill you get to the dead team mate in the tree, also there is some weird area`s in the game where the frames will dive if you look at it then look away from it to the left or right and your frames go back to normal. lol, you can test that out on the beach at the start if you look at the burning flair on the ground then look up into the tree`s your frames will dive.

at the place where your team mate gets vaporized for instance in the tree the frames dive from 60vsync to 40-50s for no apparent reason.

------

If its a cards issue let me know as i have tryed everything even going to 4x aa instead of 8x aa also with and without vsync still happens.

-----------------------

This is all very weird like, as warhead runs like a pure champ compaired to this game, i always get over 80+ all maxed in warhead.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2012

5. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1118v on both cards for 1100/1475...
    temps are fine on both cards @99% gpu usage temps get to about 67c/62c

6. Which 7950s you got man?

7. MrBozack

MrBozack Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7850OC Windforce
    Something must be wrong. I reckon your diagnosis of Crossfire or drivers is correct. I just ran around loads of trees (on the river level with flares and helicopters) and my frames didn't move from 60. Your rig shouldn't be doing this. Have you disabled Crossfire? I know that would be my first attempt.

I play Crysis with Ultra 1920x1080 4xMSAA @60Hz VSYNC and have mega-smooth game play, throughout with no hiccups. That's with an i5 and only one slower GPU...

Beta 11 too. Hope it helps.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
  8. psyside

psyside Master Guru

GPU:
    7950 @1150/6000
    Try alt tab few times, or restart the game.

9. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    I played this morning and it was fine. I have the steam version so it runs with 32bit.

10. BABA-The Hacker

BABA-The Hacker Banned

GPU:
    PALIT GTX770 OC 2GB
    Do u have any software utility for your CPU or GPU that starts up when ur OS boots?

GPU brand???? weird...

I think there's overheating problems somewhere.... have you monitored heat temps during these down peaks in FPS???

A dying mobo???

Last edited: Dec 10, 2012

11. jackliu913

jackliu913 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti AMP Extreme
    that's pretty good temps for such a demanding game. what fan speed?

12. far-cough

far-cough Active Member

GPU:
    XFX R7990 6GB
    could allso be psu
    what size do u have with that crossfire setup??

13. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Funny you should say that cause 2 days ago i was playing farcry 3 and i heard a pop pc powered off burning smells floated my way then the pc powered back up into windows and i started playing some games and there fine ????? so god knows what exploded on my pc`s PSU power and cooling 910w silencer,

I have ordered a MK II power & cooling 950w psu should be here within a day or two.

i have stressed the pc out there psu and its rails seem fine and within spec ect so im not sure what is going on lol

14. bronzodiriace

bronzodiriace Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 290x
    mmmm

I remember a CF problem regarding the scope of all weapons :D.

If you use a weapon with an Acog scope and aim with the scope the game deactivate the crossfire.

Press alt+tab

15. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    nevermind, you do not need power with crysis 1 is weak...ff...qq... -.-

16. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    That was only in DX9. I dont know if they fixed but it didnt deactivate crossfire.