using wireless adapter on panasonic viera tv with cell phone

Discussion in 'Digital Photography, Home and Portable Electronics' started by death_samurai, Jun 15, 2015.

1. death_samurai

death_samurai Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream
    So my cell phone can only connect wirelessly with my tv and not thru the MHL cable via HDMI.

I own a wireless adapter from d-link and as you know the tv isn't like a pc where you can just simply install the drivers for any piece of hardware from any brand out there.

Here's my question is it somehow possible to make my d-link adapter work with my panasonic viera TV so that i don't need to go buy a new panasonic adapter that works with panasonic viera brand.

2. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    I own a Viera and have never tried using anything but a direct connection, but fail to see why it would be an issue to use a dlink.

3. death_samurai

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream
    like i mentioned it's not a pc you cannot just download the drivers for a dlink and install it unto the tv unlike a pc.

How would the panasonic tv recognize it as an adapter?

4. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    I got my veira to recognise my iphone as being something it can play content through, but alas I have no content to pay on it or through it, so what is it you are trying to do?

5. uberdruid

uberdruid Guest

GPU:
    AMD HD 7900
    What is the exact model of your TV? What is the exact model of the Dlink adaptor you are connecting?

Do you have a link to the Panasonic wireless device that is recommended for your TV?

Most likely, the recommended Panasonic wireless device uses a chipset that is found in other products. If you identify what that is you may find another brand of device that would enable your TV to hook up wirelessly.

Unless the Panasonic TV can recognise the chipset of the Dlink wireless device you have I don't like your chances of getting the one you have working.

6. death_samurai

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream
    so does your tv have an inbuilt wifi receiver? I doubt it.

7. death_samurai

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream
    DWA 140 is the dlink model. I forgot which model my viera tv is.

8. uberdruid

uberdruid Guest

GPU:
    AMD HD 7900
    Well good luck then I guess.

9. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
  10. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    It's connected to the network, but is not using WiFi, but the network is WiFi apart from this device.

Most teevee's have inbuilt WiFi

11. death_samurai

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream
    I bought the mibox and now connect it easily with the tv and stream internet videos from my phone or videos on my phone to the tv seamlessly. It's better than just a simple wifi adapter because the device itself is a mini pc with a cpu and ram and can operate on it's own without connecting a phone. It also has it's own remote control.

You see nowadays most modern day tvs are also mini pcs in their own right. They can connect to the internet, they have USB ports etc and some have bluetooth and wifi etc but mine probably needs a wifi adapter but not just any wifi adapter but a specific one from a certain brand before it can start to mirror a cell phone or another device. I tried connecting my dlink adapter into the usb port and it wasn't recognized but i was thinking perhaps i could somehow get some drivers and install them on the tv somehow etc and thought people here would understand my situation but apparently not.

Anyway thanks to my mibox hey i don't have to worry about this anymore and it also streams 4K videos ensuring it's future proof.