technika 37 1080p tv overscan issue on pc

Discussion in 'The HTPC, HDTV & Ultra High Definition section' started by domfather, Jan 22, 2010.

1. domfather

domfather Member

GPU:
    ati 5870 matrix 2 gig
    Hi i have connected my tv to my pc using a vga cabel and it workt great but i couldent get it to run in its native resolution 1920x1080 so insted it ran at 1600x1200..now i have connected an HDMI -dvi cabel and i am experinceing problems.windows vista sets it to its native res but everything is to big for the screen(overscan) i have opend the nvidia control panel to try to resize my desktop..this works but it lowers the resolution to 1814x1030 and by doing this i loos image quality. i have tryd everything i can think of .there is no auto config that i can find on the tv remote so i am stuck..i read on a fourm somwere and found out about this program calld powerstrip saposingy u can manule fit resolutions ..however i tryd this and it reely messd my display up.makin it flicker nonstop.luckly i was abel to boot into safe mode and unisntall the program and everything was reset to the way it was.people have said it works well.i dont no how to use the program so maybe this is why that happend .but either way im still stuck with the same problem ..can somone help me out..this is reely pissin me off.

2. Nagasaki

Nagasaki Banned

GPU:
    POV 9600GT 512MB DDR3
    There sould be options on the nvcp for overscan, have a look

3. domfather

domfather Member

GPU:
    ati 5870 matrix 2 gig
    there is no overscan option of any sort only view hdcp status or resizes desktop.and resizing the desktop lowers the resolution to lower then what it should be.

4. Nagasaki

Nagasaki Banned

GPU:
    POV 9600GT 512MB DDR3
    whats the model number of the TV?

Keep playing with the resolutions and see if you can find one that looks right and fills the tv screen...

5. domfather

domfather Member

GPU:
    ati 5870 matrix 2 gig
    i have found one that looks right but i want it to display in its proper native resolotion 1902x1080 it is displaying in 1814x1030 but this is lowering what it should be

its a technika 37-700 full hd 1080p 230v-50 hz -180w

6. Nagasaki

Nagasaki Banned

GPU:
    POV 9600GT 512MB DDR3
    Ok, well after reading up on the tv it is deff 1920*1080 and so should work..

I need to get a HDMI cable for my monitor yet so i dunno what settings are in the nvcp at the moment for HDMI connections.

Also, in the nvcp try setting the res to 1080i and not 1080p and see what happens.

Also what driver version are you using?

7. domfather

domfather Member

GPU:
    ati 5870 matrix 2 gig
    i tryd what u said and just relised that is the native resolution for the tv.at least i think it is as its the only 1080i res in the menu its got a refresh rate of 25 though.allso iv notest my screen just going dimmer at sertin points when i scroll down webpages is this a possible sighn that the res i have it set to is damagin the tv..im a bit worried now. im using the latest nvidia display
    196.21 WHQL

8. domfather

domfather Member

GPU:
    ati 5870 matrix 2 gig
    the only thing relevent to hdtv in nvidia control panel on this latest vershion is view HDCP status..witch has no option to do anything..and resize desktop for hdtvs. it has a horizontal slider and vertical slider..when ajusting them u get everythign to fit the screen but by doing this u are lowering the reselotion..witch is pointles.u will see what i meen.if u have the overscan issue that i am experniceing

9. sam500600

sam500600 Guest

GPU:
    nvidia
    To use TECHNIKA 700 37" as a pc monitor

Hi
    Is it possible to use TECHNIKA 700 37" as a pc monitor ?
    Thanks

10. Sprig

Sprig Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX560
    You can use any tv as a monitor, whether it will be any good is another question.

One thing that was not addressed in the thread above is most tv's have a setting that needs to be changed if connecting to a pc. Also sometimes you have to use a specific HDMI port. Always refer to your tv manual (that thing that you probably didn't keep)