eDimensional 3d glasses work with LCD monitors now?

Discussion in '3D Stereo and VR Gaming Section' started by XanderF, Oct 13, 2004.

1. XanderF

XanderF Member Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 3850 512mb
    This is a sign of the apocalypse, surely?

I thought the technologies were COMPLETELY incompatible, yet....

Link to eDimensional 3d glasses working with LCD monitors.

Has anybody *tried* this yet?

That just blows my mind! Working with LCD monitors!? Surely not!

2. bigb792001

bigb792001 Active Member

GPU:
    2x EVGA 285 GTX (SLI)
    Yes they do work with LCD displays. I just got a set of 3D glasses from Edimensional today. They had to email a program to enable LCD mode when using them on my 17" flat screen but they do work. I also have a 17" CRT monitor and I think it still looks best on it as far as the 3D stuff goes, just seems to stand out better.

3. XanderF

XanderF Member Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 3850 512mb
    Oooh, more details needed!

I used to have these on CRT, but have since upgraded to an LCD, so....

What kind of effect is it? Does response time matter? Is 'flicker' as big a concern? Etc.

4. bigb792001

bigb792001 Active Member

GPU:
    2x EVGA 285 GTX (SLI)
    Well to tell you the truth I'm having some problems right now.. been messing with these glasses all day. Think its the dang 61.77 nvidia drivers though. I'm getting a lot of BSOD's caused from the nvdisplay.dll

Haven't tried many games, America's Army Operations looked good, no flickering and my LCD monitor only supports up to 75 refesh rate. Was having problems seeing doubles a little though.. had 2 crosshairs to aim with lol.. had to center my targets between the crosshairs to hit anything. I had Call of Duty working on my CRT monitor but can't seem to get it working right on my LCD.. just too much seperation going on with it when I do get it to work. Think I'm going to have to tough it out until nvidia releases a new driver set. All these BSOD are killing me, having to unistall and reinstall drivers gets aggervating. I was getting those every so often before even using 3D. I also bought a program to convert any DVD movie into 3d but my LCD doesn't have high enough refresh rate to use it so hopefully I can buy a new monitor in a few months that will have better refresh rates, these LCD's tend to have lower refresh rates though 8(.

5. Glidefan

Glidefan Don Booze Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | 8600M GS
    About the dual crosshairs. Press CTRL - F12 to enable the nVIDIA crosshair.

6. Hajile

Hajile Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d FX 5900xt
    LCD uses polarized light right? The same thing used in calculators? I tried looking at a calculator through my regular goggles and all i see is black. How did edimensional fix it?

7. bigb792001

bigb792001 Active Member

GPU:
    2x EVGA 285 GTX (SLI)
    I don't know exactly how it works but they did have to change the shutters on their ED glasses to support LCD. So if you already had a pair of ED glasses you would have to buy new ones if you wanted to use them with LCD screens.

8. hikaru

hikaru New Member

1) for LCD you would need another program?
    2) you have to e-mail them in order to get the program?
    3) is there a link to their web site that can be downloaded instand?
    program for the LCD on/off
    http://solo11.abac.com/edimensional/downloads/E-D.exe

Last edited: Oct 16, 2004
  9. bigb792001

bigb792001 Active Member

GPU:
    2x EVGA 285 GTX (SLI)
    Yup hikaru thats the program they sent me. Just have to check LCD mode and walla supposed to work.. however I was having problems with it.. glasses would kinda freeze up soon as I started a game 90% of the time but only when using LCD mode, anyway they emailed me a beta program that cleared that whole problem up.

10. jbalat

jbalat Member Guru

GPU:
    7900 GT
    So are the new glasses actually different or is it just the software ?

11. bigb792001

bigb792001 Active Member

GPU:
    2x EVGA 285 GTX (SLI)
    The glasses are different. They had to change the shutters to work with LCD.

12. jbalat

jbalat Member Guru

GPU:
    7900 GT
    Sorry, its just that they dont make a big deal of it on their product page. I just noticed this...

"System Requirements for Gaming:
    Windows PC 95/98/ME/2000/XP
    CRT or LCD external monitor (no laptop screens)"

Any more feedback with the LCD version glasses ???

Has anyone tried the 3DPLUS DVD software ???

13. bigb792001

bigb792001 Active Member

GPU:
    2x EVGA 285 GTX (SLI)
    I have the 3DPLUS DVD software also... to be honest I didnt see anything out of it with the LCD or CRT.

14. hikaru

hikaru New Member

i still cant get my new glasses working with my dell 1800fp LCD~ even with "bigb792001" e-d beta program, it just have to many bugs and lags.
    i really dont know how bigb792001 got his working with the LCD, oh well im still waiting for my tech reply from eDimensional :rolleyes: been 3days and still counting...:O

15. jbalat

jbalat Member Guru

GPU:
    7900 GT
    that doesnt give me too much confidence... Maybe I should hold off for a while ? Are you using NVidia or Radeon ?

16. bigb792001

bigb792001 Active Member

GPU:
    2x EVGA 285 GTX (SLI)
    Running Nvidia if your asking me...

17. hikaru

hikaru New Member

bigb792001 knows best hehehe...
    i guess i might have to call E-D up when i have the free time! :mad:

18. Unclebob

Unclebob Member

Hi guys

great to hear about your experiences. I find it difficult to believe that they could have achieved this....especially given how poor and difficult their drivers have been.

One thing puzzles me though, why are you using ed software when you have nvidia's software for stereo3d installed?

If I try using 3d activator and Nvidia stereo3d with Painkiller it simply destroys most of the textures, with out the activator it runs beautifully.

I'm not sure but I get the impression - from edims literature that its either one or the other.

What may be a solution then is to remove the Nvidia stereo driver and then use the full edim driver and activator alone and see if that works.

By the way from different boards - the stereo driver is part of the driver set - the stereo drivers you install separartely simply give a different/enhanced control panel that allows the stereo aspect of the driver to be accessed.

Hope this is a helpful suggestion.

All the best.

19. Glidefan

Glidefan Don Booze Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | 8600M GS
    Infact that is true. The stereo drivers come with the forceware. What you get when you download and install the Stereo drivers, is actually just their control panel.

20. hikaru

hikaru New Member

well.. this is reason why im having such a hard time getting the lcd to work, one, it doesnt work with the nvidia stereo enable, second the cd drives that comes with the new glasses ( or mayb they r just old ones :rolleyes: ) is so out of date~ and yes u can only use one program to enable the 3d mode.

the good news is they finally reply me ( took long enough ) and just like bigb792001 who got a link to d/l there beta drives and here is for those who want care and want to test them out.
    i have work so wont be fully playing with this until im free.

For LCD's you need to make sure you're using the correct drivers.

They are located here:
    http://solo11.abac.com/edimensional/beta/Release-3.9.5.1-1.zip

For nvidia, first disable the nvidia drivers in the Stereo Properties.

For ATI and others if you have an old version of the controller exit out of it
    first.

Unzip the downloaded file to folder on your desktop or somewhere on your
    computer.

Double click on the EDController.exe and it will show up in your taskbar.

Right mouse click on the eDimensional Controller and go to 3D mode.

Click LCD1/Interlaced Reverse for LCD screens.

Click Crt and Interlaced Normal for CRT.

Right click on the eDimensional controller again and hit 3D Display ON.

Start the game and hit F5 which is the hotkey to turn the game in to a blurry
    mode/3-D.

Then you'll be up and running.