Detonator Color Panel

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by Kakaru2, May 18, 2001.

1. Kakaru2

Kakaru2 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 8800GTX 768MB
    I noticed that the settings i choose on the color correction tab are not kept when playing a Direct3D game. However it seems they are efective in OpenGL. I didn't try yet a DirectDraw game.<br>
    <br>
    1. Is it again a nvidia bug?<br>
    2. Is there any way to increase brightness or gamma for a Direct3D game which doesn't have native support for these adjustments?<br>

2. pu§hy

pu§hy Guest

hmmmm that's weird ... cause all of my d3d games works fine with that color correction feature ... i have a dim monitor so b4 i play any of my games ... i have to increase the gamma settings there

3. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Kakaru2 <br>
    <br>
    It's not a bug. Some Direct3D games (e.g. Unreal/Unreal Tournament) uses their own gamma adjustment so Detonator's gamma settings will be overriden.

4. Kakaru2

Kakaru2 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 8800GTX 768MB
    In Mercedes Benz trucking demo i can set the gamma at 6 and brightness to extreme right but when i enter the game, surprise it's the same dark game.

5. pu§hy

pu§hy Guest

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Originally posted by Kakaru2:<br>
    <b>In Mercedes Benz trucking demo i can set the gamma at 6 and brightness to extreme right but when i enter the game, surprise it's the same dark game.</b><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><br>
    <br>
    same thing happens to me when i try to play UT in d3d mode <br>

6. Kakaru2

Kakaru2 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 8800GTX 768MB
    Thankfully the cause to my interest in gamma settings, Serious Sam has been officially patched and in this new version it has in-game gamma controls.<br>