Running rivatuner without admin rights

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by cdcuser, Jun 14, 2006.

1. cdcuser

cdcuser New Member

Hi

has anyone experience with running the tuner without admin rights?

Like a makemeadmin solution kind of thing?

I tried, but it seems to fail due to the daemon driver. I can get the software running, in tray, but it is on the default low-level fan speed of 75 % value than. So i´ll have to change it manually again.

I´d like to set the low-level fan speed AT WINDOWS STARTUP at 60 %

cheers

2. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    Search the forum. Must have admin rights.

3. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Theoretically there is an undocumented easter egg in RT allowing it to be used with no admin rights.
    Practically, I'll never announce it in the forums due to safety reasons. Many of RT's modules (e.g. built-in registry editor and an ability of creating custom registry databases) can give a good backdoor to a hacker, bringing non-admin mode's access rights limitations to zero. So I'm under strong impression that RT must not be used in this mode.

4. cdcuser

cdcuser New Member

But having more safety is eaxactly the reason, why i´m not working with admin rights and doing runas or makemeadmin-solutions for certrain software. which works great.

So I´m starting riva with a sort of runas-software which makes me in fact administrator....it starts...it runs....everythings as normal.

(If anyone´s interested I can post further information.)

I can put this RUNas Software ("unasspc", http://www.robotronic.de/runasspcEn.html) in my startup folder. But it starts of course with default settings.

So maybe there are some start parameter which I can give? Or some sort of .ini file which loads at startup, putting the low-level fan setting on AUTO or 55 %

Has anyone ever tried to run it as a service?

thanks

5. Unwinder

There is /s command line switch, which allows RivaTuner to run its' startup daemon (i.e. routine, applying required settings at startup).

6. cdcuser

cdcuser New Member

OK, this is how it finally worked.

- started a clean system with user (not admin rights) and autostarted my skript with the /s parameter. No effect. Just a test....

- then I ran my skript whitout the /s and got the forms. Put the low level on AUTO and on startup (save)

- after rebooting it worked with the autostart of the runas-skript and the /s

so right now theres no tray icon, but the driver is loaded and the fan running smoothly.

if anyone is interested in more details or sharing his experience, you´re welcome. And Thanks for the answers.

7. cscuser

cscuser New Member

there is a new version available from runasspc out there ,

everything is working fine for me since my last post , using 2.01 now.

Is there a list of / Parameters somewhere? /t /s etc... ?

8. Unwinder

No. Command line paremeters are oriented at power users and not documented purposely.