GTX 280 clock speed

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by DrHycodan, Aug 19, 2008.

1. DrHycodan

DrHycodan Guest

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080
    Hi, rivatuner 2.09 reads my core clock as 300mhz, shader clock and memory clock is only at 100mhz. Are these clock speeds correct? If not, how do I view my real clock?

2. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

The clocks will thrortlle down to 2d and low power 3d frequencies when not in full 3d mode, that's absolutely normal. It should return to normal clocks when you enter into full 3d mode.

3. DrHycodan

DrHycodan Guest

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080
    Are these speeds correct for normal 2D usage under windows? I figure the shader and memory clocks should be higher than the core clock.

4. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

Just to be certain I would wait for rivatuner 2.10 which should be released in a week or two.

5. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Shader clock is monitored incorrectly and it must be 600MHz instead. Memory clock is OK, GTX2x0 memory clock generators are supposed to be driven by PCI-E bus clock (100MHz) in 2D mode.

6. fastfiddler1625

fastfiddler1625 New Member

GPU:
    BFG/7800GTOC/256MB
    The clocks are supposed to slow down under low usage. This particular GPU actually supposedly shuts down part of the core. This is all done in order to reduce power consumption during low loads. For some reason though, it doesn't like to go back to the low level without using Rivatuner, but I have that all sorted out.