X800 Pro Mod To XT

Discussion in 'Links' started by BLyarx, Jul 19, 2004.

1. Zarul

Zarul Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800GT 512MB@661core
    X800 XT PE temps

Such temps are quite dangerous, i think ! You should get new cooler for sure !
    My flashed X800 Pro @ XT PE, works at 70C before i buy that sweet - Arctic Silencer 5 Rev.2. After the installation of the new cooler my temps. goes down from 70C to 50C ! speeds: 520/560 MHz I highly recommend ATI Arctic Silencer 5 Rev.2 ! The best VGA air-cooler ! :)

Before: 70C
    After: 50C
    Speeds: 520/560 MHz

2. dantok

dantok New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire X800 Pro Mod XT PE
    what drivers are you using? My card runs stable. but when playing games it gives problems.

3. Zarul

Zarul Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800GT 512MB@661core
    Catalyst® for Windows® XP
    Version 5.13 with Catalyst® Control Center (34MB) ( .NET is required )
    Original ATI drivers.
    Have no problems at all ! :)

I wish you luck .

4. inspectornagib

inspectornagib New Member

hey guys...

i see a lot of post with sucesfull pipe unlocking but i just cant seem to get my to unlock to 16....

i recently bought a

sapphire x800pro vivo limited eddition 256mb ddr3 mem PCI-E

which actually says 16 programable pixel pipelines on the back of the box!!!

well running ati tool only revealed 12...so i tried flashing the thing with every method read...using flashrom/atiflash/gigabyte tools...to every bios...ati/sapphire/gigabyte XT...

well all the flashes work in changing the clock/mem speeds but all leave the pipelines at 12...

one more thing the chip on the thing is an r423 not the r420/430/480 that i have read about in the posts...could this be a problem...

i also noticed a difference between the scores in 3dmark05 in different xt's, ex flashing the ati xt bios got me a score of 4560 running at 499/499 where the sapphire xt bios at same speeds only got 3800...could it be that the pipelines are actually unlocked but not showing up in ati tool.

also all the flashes always show the card as an x800 SE as the card used by windows as well as ati ccc...

am i missing something here or can this card not be modded???

any help guys

5. tehmonker

tehmonker Member

GPU:
    Saphire x800PRO (531/515)
  6. briinthesky

briinthesky Master Guru

GPU:
    HIS RADEON 6870
    I recently tried the hard mod on my sapphire x800 pro and i thought i had done a good job but when i re booted nothing had changed.
    would there be any milage in scraping off the conductive paint and trying again ?

cheers.
    Bc.:dave:

7. 5had0w

5had0w Active Member

GPU:
    HIS X800GTO IceQ II iTurbo (R480)
    Hey guys! I have a HIS X800GTO IceQ II iTurbo...can i do anything to my gfx? except for oc lol (i've done that already)

Thanks in advance,

5had0w

8. Midi

Midi Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX260 896MB X 2 SLI
    I just bought a refurb Sapphire X800Pro from Newegg, however when i install the cards its reading it as a X800ProGTO? Is this normal? Also using ATI 6.3 drivers, i get bad red artifacts in 3D2001. Tied installing Omega drivers and same thing, could this card be a modded return? If so how do i UN-mod? LOL

And if the card is defective, should i RMA back to NewEgg or dierct to Sapphire? I really want one of these cards, thanks!

9. Bleary

Bleary New Member

Hi Peeps,

I've just tried to flash my HIS Excalibur X800pro VIVO but I'm having strange results

I followed the guide i found here and it seemed successful but I'm not sure.
    http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/showthread.php?t=112849

ATI Tool now puts the clocks at 520 & 560, what you'd expect, but it says it still only has 12 pipelines.

This is the first time I've tried this so forgive me if I've mad some dopey mistake somewhere but some advice would be very welcome. It's driving me mad to think I've a card that isn't performing to its max.