Download DDU version 15.5.1.0

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Ghislain has updated Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) towards revision 15.5.1.0. In this release there are some fixed, updates and translation updates. DDU is a driver removal utility that can help...

Download DDU version 15.5.1.0

2. nexxusting

nexxusting Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980 SC /w EK-FCGTX980
    Anybody know if this version supports Windows 10?

I've seen the updates and bug fix list for the past 4 or so releases and I've only seen "Windows 8+" being mentioned. Not too keen on using a program that modifies registry as heavily as this one does without being absolutely sure Windows 10 is supported.

3. JoseyWales

JoseyWales Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670 2GIG
    Not that I know of.. I used it to try and reinstall nvidia and it fubared my system.. I got stuck with the pc endlessly booting into safe mode with no mouse or keyboard support. I had to reinstall 10..

4. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    It works fine on Windows 10.

5. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Sorry to hear this.
    DDU is supported with Windows 10.
    A complete reinstallation of the OS was probably not really necessary, DDU do a system restore point before cleaning and for the boot loop into safemode, it can be fixed easily. But for your keyboard and mouse thing, no idea what could have happened as DDU doesn't remove theses or any USB controller.
    I guess you will probably never use it again but if you do, I would like to know if it happens again and if so, I would like to have the log to see if anything unusual is happening + your complete system specs.
    Also do you have the latest bios for your motherboard? ( 1202 BIOS) . It is known to fix keyboard / mouse detection on POST.
    And also, just out of curiosity, do you have something named Uxstyle or Uxtheme Patcher installed? if so this can make a system bootloop into safemode depending of the version used.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2015
  6. nexxusting

nexxusting Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980 SC /w EK-FCGTX980
    Thank you for the answer Wagnard.

Any concerns I have now are alleviated.

Thank you to the rest of you as well. :)

7. NiColaoS

NiColaoS Master Guru

GPU:
    3060 12GB
    It's working fine on Win 10 here as well. I'm pretty sure in case we had such serious problems, we would already know by now. On every update we'd have rain of posts about necessary reinstallations.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2015
  8. Humanoid_1

Humanoid_1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 X Trio
    Well, I'm confident and about to try it on my Win 10 Pro 64bit install while upgrading from my 290X to my new Sapphire Fury Tri-X

Will let you all know how I get on :)

9. Humanoid_1

Humanoid_1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 X Trio
    Well, worked Perfectly as expected thank you Wagnard.

Also very happy my new Fury X :)

10. Concerned91

Concerned91 Guest

GPU:
    3G
    Crap...

Went into the program, was given the option to reboot, and now instead of Windows log-in, I'm presented with the Recovery page, with 'The Boot Configuration Data File is missing some required information.' Windows 8.1.

File: \BCD
    Error code: 0xc0000034

What the hell did this do to my computer, that I can't even get into Windows?

Last edited: Oct 31, 2015

11. Imlach

Imlach Guest

GPU:
    R9 280 Dual-X 3GB
    Guys i got a problem. When the program asks me to reboot in safe mode i say yes. My pc restarts and when i'm on desktop it restarts again. How it's possible?

12. davidake

davidake Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce GT 650M
    Stuck in an endlessly booting into safe mode

I used DDU with Windows 10 before but now I'm stuck in an endlessly booting into safe mode. Tried to install a system restore point but get error 0x800700fe. I tried the bcdedit and bootrec commands but no luck. It must be possible to turn off booting into safe mode and/or the autostart off DDU but I don't know how. Any help?

13. AcidSnow

AcidSnow Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    I'm going to use this when AMD launches their Chrimson driver.

14. Curtis

Curtis Guest

GPU:
    4gb
    PLEASE HELP! I just used this program, I ran it in safe mode rebooted it now I can't get into windows by any method, system restore won't work I actually feel so upset now and regret using can someone please help me

15. Andrew LB

Andrew LB Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080@2,025

Perhaps you can help me out with a similar problem. I'm not certain it was DDU that caused it, but i did use the program right around when things went south.

About two weeks ago while installing the latest nVidia drivers something didn't install properly so I ran DDU to clean all nVidia drivers off my system so I can reinstall the previous ones that i had zero problems with. After the reboot, my PC BSOD crashed the during the installation of any nVidia driver with the message "Thread_Exception_Not_Handled" Nvlddmkm.sys. Then when i'd try and reboot the PC, it would BSOD crash with the same Nvlddmkm.sys error. right before the user login screen should show in Windows 10 Pro.

In order to boot into windows, i have to go back through safe-mode... run DDU to remove the drivers, and then it will get back into windows. I have found that the only driver I can install without BSOD'ing is the one through windows update.

i did a repair via elevated command prompt using sfc /scannow but only once though. I should also run "Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth" followed by a reboot and then sfc /scannow again to be sure.

I've read that this problem can quite often be attributed not to the nVidia driver, but to things like LAN/WAN drivers.

Any advice would the appreciated.

edit\

i'm going to update to the latest version of Intel RST for my RAID drives because there seems to be issues with proper caching unless the windows write-back is enabled.

16. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    NOt sure exactly what this can be. Could be a driver issue or the card may start to be deffective or something else go be wrong (hardware or software)

17. ejnim

ejnim Guest

GPU:
    Galax 970 HOF
    I have it installed yes and now my Windows 8.1 is stuck in the bootloop into safemode. I can't even get it to boot into Windows normally. Do you guys have any suggestion on how to resolve this?

PS. If its known that having UxStyle installed might cause a bootloop, shouldn't this be mentioned somewhere? Like a warning section or something.

18. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    Does this one support the removal of Radeon Software from the new Crimson drivers yet? If not, when can we expect a version that does?