VHS to DVD authoring....open source preferred

Discussion in 'General Software and Applications' started by Morpheous416, Mar 18, 2005.

1. Morpheous416

Morpheous416 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Super OC 12GB
    Ok, after checking out three/four different "pay me hundreds to use" software bundles that create good DVD files from VHS...I was wondering, if there are any open source programs that do a great job? I'd rather send donations to a group of programmers for software that works, then spend hundreds on some name brand that has problems.

2. Finchwizard

Finchwizard Don Apple

GPU:
    -
    Can't you just buy like a Pinnacle TV card or something, because those have Composites in don't they?

And they come with recording stuff.

Haven't come across any Opensource stuff with VHS > DVD though.

3. Morpheous416

Morpheous416 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Super OC 12GB
    On the system I use for VHS input, it's using a GeForce 5600 with VIVO....so the composite part is taken care of. But, I'd like to look for a program to record the data from the video stream directly to DVD MPEG format...similar to that of Ulead Video Studio 8/9. I have Ulead's VS 7, but it crashes with the latest VIVO/Video drivers from nVidia. The demo version of 8 worked really well, but lasted only 30 days...

Those packages cost nearly $100.00 U.S.

I seen your post in the Open Source thread, VirtualDubMod? Would that be a program that could do this? I am going to go back and take a further look into it.