Can't choose some option in the latest build.

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by AOvl, Apr 24, 2001.

1. AOvl

AOvl Guest

Hi !<br>
    I tried riva tuner , and at some place i can't choose options , cause the text is grey , and i can't choose any option.<br>
    Like in the d3d for the automatic mipmapping , in the w-buffer ,in the texture filtering etc.....<br>
    <br>
    Someone know how to be able to choose in those options ?<br>
    <br>
    And i'm using directx 7.0a with 98 and the official 6.50 on a geforce 2 gts.<br>
    <br>
    Cause i would like to force anisotropic in both D3d and Ogl with those deto 6.50 to have the best image quality.<br>
    <br>
    Thx !

2. Kakaru2

Kakaru2 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 8800GTX 768MB
    The grey options are options that are not available to your hardware/driver combo. Eg, automatic mipmapping is disabled in Det 6.xx and later.<br>
    I don't really know if anisotropic is only supported in 10.xx and later driver or in 6.50 too.<br>
    No idea on why W-buffer is grey, on my TNT2/650 it isn't.

3. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

RTFM!!!<br>
    <br>
    Q: Some settings (e.g. automatic mipmapping) are disabled in RivaTuner. How can I enable disabled settings?<br>
    A: RivaTuner disables some settings in three cases:<br>
    · Settings are disabled if hardware does not support them. For example, TNT/TNT2 chipsets do not support anisotropic texture filtering. GeForce/GeForce2/GeForce3 chipsets do not support automatic mipmapping, fast trilinear filtering mode etc.<br>
    · Settings are disabled if drivers do not support them. For example “Force DXT1 quality trick” option is supported by Detonator 6.47 and higher only.<br>
    · Settings are disabled if operating system does not support them. For example “Use busmastering mode for video” is supported by Window 9x only.<br>
    <br>
    &gt; automatic mipmapping<br>
    Not supported by hardware and drivers<br>
    <br>
    &gt; w-buffer<br>
    W-buffer format settings are not supported by hardware<br>
    <br>
    &gt; in the texture filtering etc<br>
    Not supported by drivers<br>
    <br>
    <br>
    <br>