Official Haswell-E Owner's Den

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards Intel' started by RPGgamesplayer, Aug 30, 2014.

1. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    man I hope this board does not end up like my first x79 rive that was sucky it had busted ram slots,sound port and Ethernet port.

I have to track down the tri ram thing
    sli 780's
    [​IMG]

thanks for the bios Cry will try it tonight

fixed the tri ram thingy
    4.0 in 3d11 looks like I am where I should be now
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 16, 2014
  2. bigcid1

bigcid1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Galax RTX 4070 Ti
    I made the plunge and bought the Gskill 4X4G GSKILL F4-2400C15Q-16GRB R
    2400 15 15 15 35 set,so I'm all set now .Should be in tomorrow

3. Cry

Cry Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080TI SeaHawk
    Been a little busy past 2 days with business, hopefully might get a little time this weekend to have another play and maybe my 290 will be returned :D

Scores looking about right now Cowie, can you run 4.5Ghz in 3D11 see how it compares to mine?

I had a right panic on Sunday, as suddenly my OC "seemed" to stop working till I remembered I set RAM to 3000Mhz 127.3 BLCK. Seem's I can't run 4582.8 (127.3x36) @ ~1.3v, so I'm at 4455.5 (127.3*35) stable.

This weekends challenge I'm going to try and find the highest CPU clock @ 100Mhz strap, 1.4v and lowest RAM. Don't think I dare take the chip to any higher voltage... what you think?

4. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    At 1.4V it's screaming for so much power it's not ... very efficient anymore.

5. Cry

Cry Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080TI SeaHawk
    Efficient? What is the meaning of the word? lol

It would only be for benches, seem's a few LN2 guys have starting beating me on HWBot!

6. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    I might put in my 290's not sure I am ready at this point.

here 3d11 @4500

[​IMG]

About the same just two different ways to get there.

1.40? that's all on cooling I wont push it yet just in case they are like 980x's

did this to get quad
    What I did was to reseat all the slots that did not work so I reseated the cpu and mixed up the ram again now it works????

7. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Haswell is a much stronger cpu than westmere, Ive ran 1.55volts in benches on ivy with no degradation, 1.45v will be fine provided temps are in order. No CPUs have been blown up with high volts yet.

8. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    1.35- 1.40v is ok for Haswell-refresh DC, if this Haswell-E has the same type which it obviously does then its should be ok..

Cowie what temps do you get now @ 4.5ghz 1.30v by those physics tests?

9. Cry

Cry Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080TI SeaHawk
    I'm sure I had the same issue when I first got the board, though didn't have to reseat the cpu just mix up the RAM.

10. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    It was fine on first boot but it went away glad it came back

I was not meaning that 1.40v would hurt it per say its just that it wont help from 1.3v if temps are high already
    72 highest temp core 4 but it only takes a few minutes and I don't stress test with ibt or anything else
    I have been having cpu fan error on boot sometimes even with monitoring set to ignore so I need to flash
    I think.

11. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Yeah after 1.30v+ it gets a bit hot, its the same on 4core 4790k, 4770k it gets uber hot :D

12. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    OK guys, need your thoughts. Ready to press the button on my haswell-e setup, but have a dilemma. My board needs to be mATX to go in my parvum, but there are only two options:

EVGA:

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MB-045-EA&groupid=701&catid=5&subcat=2875

ASRock:

http://www.cclonline.com/product/15...-LGA2011-3-X99-mATX-RAID-Gigabit-LAN/MBD1413/

to be honest I would never have ever considered asrock as I have always seen them as an inferior brand to Asus/MSI/Gigabyte and the rest, however with such a limited choice they are in the mix.

EVGA I prefer as a brand and for the quality of their hardware, but their x99 mATX board doesn't look as well specced as the AsRock. The main niggle is that the EVGA only has 6 phase power, the AsRock 12 phase which im bothered may affect overclocking.

Anyway... your opinions would be very helpful before I take the plunge! :D

13. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    6 Phase and 12 Phase power wont make a difference unless your pushing for world records using LN. For water i would have thought it would be fine.

EVGA over ASrock is a no brainer for me but its up too you.

14. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    Thanks Veteran, that was my initial thought when I realised the choice was between EVGA & AsRock, it was only when I saw the spec sheets that it made me think a bit more about it!

15. bigcid1

bigcid1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Galax RTX 4070 Ti
    well my msi x99s gaming 7 is dead,won't post
    stuck on code 04 ,bios(s) won't clear no matter what I tried(jumpers,battery)
    called newegg ,their cross shipping me next day a new one
    hope for the best

16. Cry

Cry Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080TI SeaHawk
    Mike, I'd go with Asrock from what I've read their build quaility has really stepped up a notch on the last few sockets. The asrock board has slightly more features too.

17. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I've had the X48 Turbo Twins board from ASrock, and I can't say I had any problems with it back in the day. It was my gaming rig mb back then, now is still working without any problems in my HTPC, the only issue I had was that I had to go to the chip manufacturers site to get lan drivers for the onboard lan for Win8.1, because ASrock doesn't offer them anymore (well it's a 6 year old board after all...)

18. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    Mike I would love to add input on the two boards but I never used them in any form factor.

@bigcid
    man that sucks but thats what happens to all my msi mb's in short time even if I treat them with kid gloves.

19. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    Lol, no worries Cowie, as demonstrated by cry and veteran, people seem to be 50/50 split between the two, generally depending on how much you trust asrock to deliver a decent board!

20. bigcid1

bigcid1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Galax RTX 4070 Ti
    thank ,but I normally always get asus boards,but the prices were like crazy
    stupid highand I heard good things about msi boards I figured I would try one
    also I didn't even get the gloves on yet,lol