Ryse Son of Rome crossfire ?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by lorikano, Oct 10, 2014.

1. lorikano

lorikano Master Guru

GPU:
    2x Sapphire 7950@1150
    Any working profile that works ? TrieD AFR but at no veil. :bawl:

2. NJCermak

NJCermak Guest

GPU:
    2x MSI GTX970
    I got it working somewhat in AFR mode enabled via CCC. Unfortunately, any time there's a reflective surface in the game there's a great deal of flickering (unplayable imo). Unfortunately, according to the devs on steam discussion page, they're waiting until AMD/Nvidia release drivers with proper crossfire/sli support. So... I have a feeling that either A) Won't happen at all like Dead Rising 3 or B) we will get a profile, but it won't be for another month or so.

Also, does anybody get really bad audio crackling during the cutscene videos? My audio is fine in game, but really bad just during pre-rendered cutscenes. I'm not sure if it's a crossfire issue or a glitch in general.

It's unfortunate, but it's a lesson learned for me, when it comes to dual graphics. I'm just gonna stick to one high-end GPU in the future.

What say you AMDmatt? I saw you over in the shadow of mordor crossfire thread. I know the game just came out, but have you had any chance to test it out and or are you planning to? Thanks.

3. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    The flickering issue happens in just about any game which has "makeshift" crossfire support or just bad crossfire support.

Usually running the game in borderless window fixes it.

4. NJCermak

NJCermak Guest

GPU:
    2x MSI GTX970
    Yeah, but that only fixes it because crossfire doesn't work at all in borderless windowed mode. It's just running off a single GPU then. I mean, it's not a big deal. I can wait personally. I just wish that AMD would go back to a CAPS profile system. :\

5. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    If you're gonna run in borderless to prevent crossfire, just disable crossfire for the application instead, or use RadeonPro.

6. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    I 2nd RP, way easier to use......

7. lorikano

lorikano Master Guru

GPU:
    2x Sapphire 7950@1150
    Restarted and enabled crossfire with AFR and it doesn't work properly, meaning there's just too much flickering ,so for now crossfire is disabled.

8. jaju123

jaju123 Guest

GPU:
    2x AMD R9 290 Crossfire
    Wouldn't the crysis 3 profile work? It is cryengine after all...

9. MojoW

MojoW Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit 3070 JS OC
    Nope ... both cards get usage but there's negative scaling.

10. sekta

sekta Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080
    Crossfire support has been so bad since they removed the CAP system. Developers should be making their games AFR friendly. No single GPU can achieve anywhere near 120fps in modern games.

11. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    i cant even get 60fps constant with this game, with my R9295x2.
    @3440x1440 all maxed out apart from supersampling that causes 8fps lol

i get about 50fps or there abouts average.
    with out super sampling

the game looks bloody ridiculously awesome even without super sampling but with negative crossfireing im going to give it a miss untill that is sorted out with a driver update.

though i still have aliens to get through and its awesome and on Tuesday i have the evil within :D

12. spyre

spyre Guest

GPU:
    AMD 6990 and 6970 TF
    The BF4.exe profile works somewhat, although grass and trees flicker.

The BF3.exe profile doesn't have that issue but parts of the enemies flicker instead.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2014
  13. Scout

Scout Guest

GPU:
    2 x GTX 980Ti
    using AFR with minimal flickering, the most bizarre thing about this game is the fps drop while you move the camera (from average 100 to 40~), I also notice hdd access while moving the camera.. no idea what the engine is doing, texture streaming or something ?

14. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    I'm not using crossfire and have no experience with it but... i came here to suggest something: if there is available sniper ghost warrior 2 profile so try this one as it is another cry engin 3 game.

15. ELCID777

ELCID777 Guest

GPU:
    2x msi hd 7970's
    confirmed, negative crossfire scaling. no profile seems to work, even ones based on cryengine 3. AFR seems to be a lot better, but there is intense flickering and it causes major issues with temporal aa (ghosting issues).

we need a new profile/driver.

16. Scout

Scout Guest

GPU:
    2 x GTX 980Ti
    ugh.. trying to play new games with crossfire is a nightmare, so close to jump to the other side and just grab a gtx980 to nevel deal with this crap again

17. Ferdimage1

Ferdimage1 Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 2080
    ? Crossfire works straight out of the box..well thats what radeon pro is reporting, no flickering here and fps sits around 120-90 for me

18. ELCID777

ELCID777 Guest

GPU:
    2x msi hd 7970's
    it's not just crossfire, it's dual gpu's in general. both AMD/nvidia have been severely lagging it with proper sli/crossfire support lately. nothing for dead rising 3, nothing for shadow of mordor and again nothing for ryse son of rome.

coming from nvidia, i've had a mostly positive experience with amd and crossfire. but i am beginning to become a little frustrated with both teams.

i think i'm going for the fast single gpu next time, dual gpu support just doesn't seem to be a priority to these guys.

19. It says Crossfire but there are some NV posts in here so just posting this...

Still trying to find a better profile but so far, The profile for ArcheAge is yielding good results on my Titans. There are some minor bugs in the beginning but overall working better than Sleeping Dogs or Crysis 3.

20. dabooga

dabooga Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X
    For me the AFR Friendly mode gives me smoothest performance in CF but with flashing textures and surfaces.

Interestingly i found that from all the pre-defined profiles, the Battlefield 4 profile gave me similar performance to AFR Friendly but minus the flashing.