Does any one do keycap protectors?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by miffywiffy, Sep 2, 2014.

1. miffywiffy

miffywiffy Master Guru

GPU:
    750ti
    I'm always sick of buying new keyboards when the only thing wrong with them is the key caps have worn out. Usually it is impossible to buy the exact ones you need unless you have a das or ducky keyboard, the OEM never supplies them... you think they would want to support people who paid over a hundred for one of their products.

I just want to be able to buy like a see through bit of sticky plastic that has a bit of grip to it for each of my keys.

Do these exist?

2. biggerx

biggerx Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3070 FTW
    Most decent keyboards these days don't use painted keys. Have you tried buying one that doesn't have painted keys?

And to answer your question there are always those plastic spill protectors that you can throw on your keyboard :bunch:

Like this http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0S6VFRE6TAWWEFECVKAJ

Last edited: Sep 2, 2014
  3. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    if you paid over £$ for a keyboard it should not have printed keycaps, they should most definitely be laser etched. Unless you bought a regular sh1tty Razer Blackwidow, I'm pretty sure they're amongst the pad printed caps keyboards. The Ultimate is laser etched. What keyboard do you have?

4. miffywiffy

miffywiffy Master Guru

GPU:
    750ti
    Gone through a few from steel series, cooler master and razer (the worst ever)...

The problem is the keys go glossy over time and lose their matt finish, doesn't matter which make you buy.

I don't care about the text, would use it without just fine, just hate the glossy.

5. biggerx

biggerx Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3070 FTW
    Most laser etched keyboards are going to have a glossy finish already.