Dead pixels

Discussion in 'The HTPC, HDTV & Ultra High Definition section' started by blesner, Jul 31, 2011.

1. blesner

blesner Guest

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia GTX 690
    Hi

I just got a dead pixel on my 2 week old Samsung S23a950d
    It is a green dot on the bottom right and I have tried pressing it but still wont go away. I will RMA it tomorrow

My question is: How do I avoid getting dead pixels in future?

2. mmicrosysm

mmicrosysm Guest

GPU:
    Cirrus Logic GD5430 1Meg
    Sorry no way to avoid a dead pixel. Surprised you are having that problem with new Samsung. Also you may have problems RMA'ing it for one bad/dead pixel.

May want to try this http://www.jscreenfix.com or this http://udpix.free.fr they worked on a screen I had that developed a bad/stuck pixel. Took a while but did resolve it. So it is worth a shot.

I currently have a Dell Laptop that gets a random bad pixels but goes away after rebooting it. And it is not the same area every time.

3. blesner

blesner Guest

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia GTX 690
    Thanks mate tried all those programs, I have already organized a RMA with my supplier.

4. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    Stuck pixels can be fixed with the likes of the programs above sadly dead pixels are..well dead.

not much can be done to avoid them, a few people say not to leave still images on screen for long periods of time as they can cause stuck pixels, I guess it makes sense I try to to leave my monitor on and have the screen time out set to pretty low.

5. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I like udpixel.

Most manufacturers won't RMA for 1 dead/stuck pixel, so your supplier may get stuck eating the cost of the "RMA" themselves.

6. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Haha, you CANNOT avoid getting dead pixels! They are usually already there or in some cases they can come... :)

I've had quite a few mobile phones with a dead pixel, it was so tiny & hard to see.

I ended up selling it due to the stuck pixel, it was so tiny the buyer never saw it. :D

With regards to tv's/monitors, I've also had a few in the past having a dead pixel or two.

I tried every program possible including udpix & jscreenfix, left it running hours, did not help.

Programs very rarely do help, it's luck...

If I was you I'd RMA that monitor NOW or sell it to some other unlucky sod...

7. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Must be all poor brands that get Dead Pixel issues, i also had it with an iiyama LCD.

At the moment i got an EIZO FlexScan S2231W wich i bought 25-09-2008 and as of today it's still working like it's brand new, not a single dead pixel after all this time. And it's on pretty much 8+ Hours a day. So if this will ever break it's gonna be EIZO again for me :)

8. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    I had a little grey patch (say 2x2) on my screen, I had to give it away and buy a new one it annoyed me so much, to be fair it was 4 years old, but still.