Chrome not opening google and youtube

Discussion in 'General Software and Applications' started by Deleted member 114840, Jan 28, 2015.

1. For a couple weeks now it seems to happen at least once a day where randomly google chrome will not load youtube or google. On the bottom left part of the page it says "establishing secure connection" and just sits and sits and sits until it asks if I want to reload. I open IE and it opens those mentioned pages no problem. This happens for a couple minutes and then will start working again.

I use Kaspersky Internet Security and Malwarebytes and I run at least 3-4 scans a week and I've never had a virus or malware on this installation of 8.1.

Has anyone else had this problem? I've googled with out too much luck.

2. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2015
  3. The thing is though, every other website I try works flawlessy, super fast. But, for that 3-5 minute period of time Chrome will not load Youtube or Google.

This happened last night and I tried IE and IE worked fine for those sites.

4. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Again: Also each browser has its own SSL/TLS settings (like versions of protocols to permit). Compare settings in IE and in Chrome.
    I suspect that each browser uses its own security channel implementations and configurations. So IE works with mentioned sites and Chrome does not. So go to settings in IE and check the SSL/TLS settings. Then go to settings in Chrome and compare SSL/TLS settings with IE` ones.

5. I uninstalled and re installed and it seems to have fixed it *knocks on wood*