FarCry 4 Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Feb 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. N1GhTW4lK3R

N1GhTW4lK3R Master Guru

GPU:
    FE 4090 EK LC
    Agree. FC2 is the best series chapter, one of the last ubisoft title made with passion for gaming and not only for the mere marketing.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2014
  2. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Ahh the joy of opinions.

FarCry 2 is the worst FarCry. To me.
    Same tired debate over and over and over again...

Sorry, but if we're doing this again... I'm out.

3. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    FC2 made me "pirate before buy it" kind of person. Worst pre-order/purchase ever.

4. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Here is the 1.40 patch files. Just replace the files in games folder. Ubisoft accidentally released these and quickly reverted. Some people managed to get it. If you're having any problems after using these files just get Uplay to vertify files to revert back to 1.30.

https://www.mediafire.com/?t82avh9314p5gvv

5. brunopita

brunopita Guest

GPU:
    MSI Gaming R9 270X 2GB
    FarCry 2 and FarCry 3 are very different FPSs. The open world in FC2 really feels open, it's a mixture of exploring and shooting - and exploring really means something. FC3 is COD with nature around you. I like both, but there was some missions in the second one that only find competition in Half Life to me.

6. Sergio

Sergio Guest

GPU:
    Asus 760 DirectCU II OC
  7. Emille

Emille Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    Didn't they pull the patch to add the black screen fix to it. Why would you want the version without that fix if that is the problem.

They are going to release it on 'friday'....but it's 3pm friday here and no patch.

8. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090ti
    Hated FC 2. Loved FC 1 tho. Go figure. FC 3? Looked nice. Azz gameplay tho. Would love another FC 1 with same gameplay mechanics, but hope it looks like FC 4. ;p

9. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    lemme guess fc2 looked like a Gameboy game yeah?
    thought so.
    great game, but as usual horrific thread.
    cheers. :)

10. VultureX

VultureX Banned

GPU:
    MSI GTX970 SLI
    Yea I had that too, I went back to the Far Cry 3 SLI bits. Also playing with TXAA.

11. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 Suprim X
    With Patch 1.3:

1080p, Ultra settings, SMAA - smooth 60fps
    1440p DSR, Ultra settings, SMAA - fps drops into the 40s

MFAA clearly isn't working as MSAA looks crap even at 8x. TXAA barely looks better than SMAA and has too much shimmering and fps hit.

A bit disappointed with the AA. Even FXAA in Unity looks better.

Neither FC4 or Unity can hit 60fps on my system with 1440p DSR and basic AA. Hopefully that will change with patches and new drivers.

12. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    tried all the fixes around. Still get the stutter every now and then when driving or something. Really destroys the game for me. FPS is good and runs super, but this stutter. Come on.

13. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    You can't eliminate it completely, but you can do something to reduce the black bars.

Let's say your native resolution is 1920*1200, you have to create a custom resolution.Do this:

1920*1200 -> 1200*1,7777778 = 2133.So your new resolution has to be 2133*1200.
    2560*1600 -> 1600*1,7777778 = 2844.New resolution, 2844*1600.

14. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    No way are you gonna get 60 fps in unity with a single gpu at 1440p and max settings...

My cards are roughly the same speed as stock 980 cards, and i can just manage 60 fps
    http://i.imgur.com/XQIodYL.jpg

15. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 Suprim X
    I could get an almost constant 60fps in Black Flag on a single 780 @1080p with 4xTXAA (constant 60fps with SLI) once they patched it up. So I'm assuming the graphics are much improved in Unity, otherwise it's a step backwards performance-wise. I can't really tell yet as I'm still at the start of the 1st mission.

I'm actually impressed despite my complaints. Black Flag and FC3 ran much worse soon after release and I had SLI systems then. I was hoping to use 1440p DSR with cheap AA instead of 1080p with expensive AA like I did in those games with similar performance. Who knows, in a few months after some new driver releases and a few more patches maybe the performance will be closer to 60fps.

16. Emille

Emille Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    Just finished it.

It was a great game overall and better than farcry 3 in every regard, story quality and pacing were especially better.

The ability to slide down a hill without dying made exploration much better.

Looking forward to my second playthrough but for now I will just blow sh!t up.

17. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    Unity is the most detailed game ive played, and arguably the best looking. But the amount of details compared to black flag is astonishing, while the characters / items themselfs might not look ALOT better, the sheer amount of them will increase performance reqruirements alot.

18. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I am and it's because you are running SLI, the profile is simply broken. Setting AA to Off or AO to Off doesn't help. What you can do is to force Far Cry 3 SLI profile in nVidia Inspector, should help. I played for a moment but didn't get to night time so I'm not sure if it works.

19. KrzYsieK8926

KrzYsieK8926 Guest

GPU:
    MSI HD 7770 Ghz Edition
    Yeah, no point in arguing.
    But honestly besides graphics what Far Cry did good? It was average shooter.

First time I played it was on pretty low settings. I wasn't blinded by visuals and the game was just average. My second playthrough was on highest settings and it was much better, but only because it looked better.
    Now, it's kinda like playing back then on low settings, you can look past graphics.
    From average A.I., average shooting mechanics, average level design (besides setting and few missions, like the part on the ship).

For example, mission where you getting to the ship is just boring, if you instead of driving walk to the ship, you will see what I meant by bad level design, it's like they did big locations just because they could.
    Another example is first mission (think it was mission 6) with triggens, it was just ugly, bad designed (the idea was cool though) and felt like cheap jurassic park rip off.

They couldn't even come up with their own story, so they just badly ripped off The Island of Doctor Moreau.

20. Leito360

Leito360 Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire RX480 Nitro+
    Is there any "tweak" against the overly dark shadows in the game?
    Sometimes i don't see ****. (AMD user here)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.