Fan trouble - new user

Discussion in 'ATI Tray Tools' started by Rom Mi16, Mar 12, 2009.

1. Rom Mi16

Rom Mi16 New Member

GPU:
    4870 X2, 4870 1gb
    Hi

Firstly, this app is awesome. Im using it to force my 4870 X2 to use both cores, on full speeds for windowed games. Instead of sticking at 507 / 500.

Anyway. Ive created 2 overclock profiles, standard speeds, with fan set to 44 (is this %? Gives me 3700 rpm)
    And full speed profile, with fan set to auto.

When i load the game, profile swaps over fine, fans speeds up, clock speeds go up, voltage goes up etc. All fine.

When i end game, voltage and speeds revert back to standard, but the fan speed stays high. It doesnt go back to 44.

If i manually load the full speed profile, the manually load the standard profile, it does the same thing. If i click the standard profile again, the fan speed returns to 44. Am i doing something wrong ? If i could just get the fan speed to turn back down after app ends, id be 100% happy !

One other thing which might be connected...when im loading / applying settings, the fan doesnt seem to stay on what i set it. If i choose 45, and apply, it might go to 42 or something

Its version 1.6.9.1382 btw

Thanks for any help !

Oh also...When windows boots...the fan is also low, not to what the profile should be ?

And i run 2 cards...i cant figure out how to set fan speeds / settings for the other card. Ive unistalled CCC, and now the fan on my other card is very low making the temps high. Cant seem to find how to set it, other than reinstalling CCC

Last edited: Mar 12, 2009
  2. bokah

bokah Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 670GTX 2G
    drop down menu in overdrive u should be able to select settings for each card

u say 44% i assume its not default ati cooler, ati drivers dosnt really like those 3rd party pricked biosses as they fan profiles are a mess

best way to get working fan is bios modding, and do Proper testing with everest ultima and atitools 3D view or similar to make working profile

Last edited: Mar 17, 2009