Batman Arkham City

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by illdrag0n, Aug 30, 2010.

1. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    my previous monitor had a res of 1680x1050, i got a new LED based one, res is 1920x1080, so close to his resolution actually.

his vertical res though is 1200 which is a lot of pixels, also my card got 1536mb and his 1280mb (256mb more, doubt it makes any difference though).

but according to his profile he got SLi! i would've expected his performance to be much higher than 30fps avg.

as for the stutter, i don't get any streaming/loading stutter in dx11, game is smooth, i just get 1 sec pause at the beginning of every cutscene, but gameplay doesn't stutter.

btw i'm using 285.79 drivers, i hate the entire 290.xx series. :)

Last edited: Mar 20, 2012
  2. S†v0r

S†v0r Guest

GPU:
    570GTX 1.3Gb @900/2200mhz
    I see, well yeah i was thinking about those 1 sec pauses.. So now its all cured? :)

Hm idk about his result, maybe he used physx to the max and 8xaa?

3. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    nope. might as well kiss that goodbye i seriously doubt the dx11 thing is ever going to get fixed. dx9 plays really well with everything on/maxed minus the dx11 features and physx

4. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    true, but then again, apparently not everyone's affected by this, i'm certainly not.

i guess it depends on the rig's configuration, including the cpu, mobo, ram, 3d card, drivers and possibly overclocking if any, some games can be quite sensitive.

there was a similar problem when AVP 2010 was released, some people had almost the same exact stuttering issues in DX11 mode (i did too) but it was completely fixed with the release of a few patches.

even though Batman AC was released back in 2011, it doesn't mean new patches won't arrive, but if this issue is more of a hardware issue then i guess there's nothing one can do.

thats disappointing though, everyone should be able to enjoy this fantastic game. [​IMG]

5. Whiplashwang

Whiplashwang Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 PNY
    Lol Year, I always get a chuckle when I see your little pictures posted at the end of your comments. Thanks, man.

Do you make those pics?

6. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    lol yee :D they're my "real smilies", i invented them because i wanted something different and more realistic than the .gif based one, as an alternative.

while browsing the web sometimes a particularly interesting image of a face, an animal or even an object appears (by chance really) so i just edit the image in Paint Shop Pro as a transparent .Png and save it in my real smilies folder for later use, then alternate between the small .gif smilies already present in the forum and these.

they have more impact, they can be funny, serious, weird etc [​IMG]

7. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    This doesn't appear to be available for the retail disc version yet as I've just loaded the game.

I'm shocked though that it took Rocksteady almost FOUR months to fix the problems with 32-bit Windows. That really is appalling IMO. :puke2:

8. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    whats up with the Batman ac forums, i can only see posts up until 13-03-2012.

community.batmanarkhamcity.com

9. ToyTen

ToyTen Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx Taichi OC
    Here is my infos on how i play the game at the moment:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I cant get any better than this of my sli rig, yet.
    [​IMG]

And this is with sli disable, Physx on the 2nd gpu:
    [​IMG]

This last setup might be better, i will see further on.

10. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    ok i just realized you set PhysX to High (i had to google translate ELEVE' lol) :D

i benchmarked and got 37fps (1fps less than your card).

[​IMG]

now it's clear what your problem really is, SLi is not working for you.

the game is using only 1 card, not 2.

11. ricardonuno1980

ricardonuno1980 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 780Ti Classified :D
    @guys
    VERY IMPORTANT

I respect that you can criticize to Rocksteady Studios (developer) because the optimization for PhysX is still failed due to mid- (GTX 550/560) or high-end (GTX 470/480/570/580) not stressed (= only low or medium GPU usage) for physics calculation. And still optimization failed for SLi while high Physx is enabled. ;)

Alice Madness Returns is good optimized for Physx due to high or 100% GPU usage on high-end card! :D

Last edited: Mar 21, 2012
  12. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I’m not convinced any developer has done the GPU PhysX stuff for any game, I’m sure it’s all done by Nvidia.

Still waiting for this proper patch Nvidia are supposed to be working on.

13. S†v0r

S†v0r Guest

GPU:
    Sorry not. :p

In heavy physx scenes gpu usage drops to low 50% and fps from 60fps to 37fps. That's if i disable 30fps cap.

Physx 2 is doomed, nv screwed us over with physx2 instead of making both these games physx3 then it would be a lot better.

14. ricardonuno1980

ricardonuno1980 Banned

GPU:
    I got ~85% GPU usage despite 800x600 while particles with smoke are intensive after shoot "empty". xD :p
    screenshot at PhysX high:
    [​IMG]
    running XP x86 SP3 and AMD X6 1055T@stock + GTX 480@stock. :D

look - lastest news: with 3DMark 06 and new tutorial in my thread 3DMark series in low/medium GPU usages to 100% :)

15. S†v0r

S†v0r Guest

GPU:
    So? ;)

And i had smoke +fluids + particles and gpu usage dropped to ~50% and fps to 37fps..

But if you're happy with physx2, ok im not stopping you :D

16. ricardonuno1980

ricardonuno1980 Banned

GPU:
    I will try to test fluids + particles + smoke to see what GPU usage. ;)

17. ToyTen

ToyTen Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx Taichi OC
    Dedicating my 2nd card for physx is the best solution for me

I get
    Min 15
    max 68
    average 42fps

Also tried the 301.10 drivers and they dont seem to enhance much the game experience, im coming from the 296.10.

18. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    i just benched with my brand new gtx 680.

PhysX normal = avg 63

PhysX High = avg 49-50

and 8x csaa:nerd:

previous card (Gtx-480) 48fps normal / 37-38 high physx and 4xmsaa.

i bet new driver updates from nvidia will surely improve the performance of this card, for now though the 301.10 are fine.

19. ToyTen

ToyTen Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx Taichi OC
    nice buy Year :)

My next investment would be ivy plus the mobo that goes well with it, graphics later. Anyway

I can clearly say that with two 570, no SLI and 2nd card for PhysX is the best not a single time SLI outperformed this setting.

Really an amazing game i think

20. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    How come I'm still unable to run Batman: Arkham City under DX11 at 1920x1200 with everything maxed (i.e. Extreme detail), FXAA *and* PhysX without the game suffering from bouts of slowdown or hitching but it runs fine on those settings under DX9? It's just so disappointing. I'm guessing that it's MVSS or HDAO that incurs the huge performance hit as I've tested under DX11 with PhysX off and Tessellation off and it doesn't run much better. So much for DX11 offering improved performance! Yeah, I know MVSS and HDAO along with tessellation offer improved image quality but the difference IMO isn't justified by the massive performance hit.

What setting is everyone else using for this game and at those settings how well does your game actually run?