280x and hardline graphic issues

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by marc69, Apr 24, 2015.

1. marc69

marc69 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia XFX 260 (216)
    Hi guys,

I'm getting strange things all over my screen - Link to a video is HERE

Do you think I should RMA the card?

My rig is:

I5 2500k @ Stock
    Asrock Z68 Extreme GEN4
    8GB Gskill DDR3 1600mhz
    128gb SSD
    1TB Mechanical Drive (Gaming drive)
    750w XFX modular PSU

I play CS:GO as well and I don't get these graphical glitches. I've also run haven / furmark and again they don't appear. Seems to only really happen in BFH.

Tried all the drivers etc.

Just wanted an opinion if you thought it would be worth sending it back to gigabyte.

It's a Gigabyte R9 280X Windforce 3X. I've updated the VBIOS as well to Gigabytes latest.

Temps all stay below 65c.

If you google "Gigabyte r9 280x artifacts" there are so many articles relating to the same problem but I just wanted a second opinion really.

On a side note, when I boot the system I get a green line flash up in POST. Always appears in the same place, doesn't show using onboard.

2. marc69

marc69 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia XFX 260 (216)
    Guess nobody else having issues then?

3. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    I got those same artifacts in Fallout New Vegas. After reinstalling the game they disappeared.

Worth a try.....

4. nevernamed

nevernamed Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 TI FTW3
    I have a gigabyte windforce r9 280x oc here and I have not seen those. Although, I will say this, its a battlefield game and its not uncommon for glitches in these games sometimes.. There was a point where the dusty haze in 'dust bowl' was flickering and doing all sorts of weird stuff. It wasn't just amd or 280x users, it was across the board.. I would not panic, yet

5. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Something about AA or AF rings a bell, @ OP - Have you tried setting all graphics options to lowest and raising them each one by one to see if you can narrow it down?

6. marc69

marc69 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia XFX 260 (216)
    It seems to random. I played for maybe 3 hours today and didn't get it at all.

Guess I'll wait it out a bit

7. idboms

idboms Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 280x WF3 rev2
    Currenly using a Gigabyte R9 280X WF3 Rev.2. I was getting the same weird glitches in these games:

- GTAV (Occurs the most during driving)
    - Assassins Creed Unity
    - Resident Evil Revelations 2

Have no glitches happening with these games:

- Dying light (Played it for hours and finished it)
    - Dark Souls II SotFS
    - Far Cry 4

GPU Temperatures don't go above 70ºC, Voltages are fine. I can't fathom as to why it happens. But, the glitches stopped after I installed MSI afterburner and defined a custom fan profile. Now the GPU Temperature doesn't go above 65ºC

GPU fan gets very annoyingly audible during gaming but so far i haven't had a glitch occur in GTAV for hours. So maybe it's something getting hot inside the GPU and causing all the mess? Or, maybe it's a weird driver issue?

For testing purposes, I've used FurMark and haven't got a glitch, used memtestCL to check the VRAM for faults and didn't get more than 0 errors after 20 iterations of 2300 MB (cannot assign more than that in windows for some reason).

8. Bleib

Bleib Guest

GPU:
    MSI RX 480 8GB
    I had these kind of trouble with my factory overclocked 6850, the trouble was overheated VRM (check with GPU-Z in the background). I bought a better cooler (Arctic Cooling S1) and it solved the problem.