Razer KB

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by robtorbay, May 3, 2012.

1. robtorbay

robtorbay Guest

GPU:
    ASUS ROG LC 6800XT
    Hey Guys! So over the past few weeks I decided it was time to get a new KB for gaming. So I pick up this great razer blackwidow ultimate KB.

So everything is great for the first few games and then the software dies and the LEDs start to die on the KB.

OK so I have to ask WTF. There is no way they have a KB out that after a few hours it just packs off.... is there? This is my second one and same issues.

Anyone want to tell me a story that will cheer me up LOL.

Thx dudes!

Rob

2. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    So you are saying your first keyboard had leds that died. and the replacement does the same thing? unlikely. you might have gotten the same keyboard back. id try it in another PC see if it works.

3. robtorbay

robtorbay Guest

GPU:
    ASUS ROG LC 6800XT
    ya man, same KB and I know its a different one the new one is sealed.

Thats a good idea all the same might be an issue with the PV USBs.

4. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    It's highly unlikely that even the replacement keyboard would exhibit the same issues. I also think it might be something to do with your motherboard or computer. Try it on another machine.

Personally, I have the regular Razer BlackWidow, and it's been pretty solid. I only had one issue with it and it was that some of the keys, notably the NumPad 9 key was registering twice whenever I hit it. I sent it to be replaced and they sent me a new keyboard.

I've been using it since, including typing this reply.

deltatux

5. robtorbay

robtorbay Guest

GPU:
    ASUS ROG LC 6800XT
    I agree it seems pretty weird that it would happen time and time again with the same KB.

I was thinking maybe its a driver issue? the weird thing is that the LED works and then they flash. I was looking around on the net and it appears that this is a known issue with this KB.

Arggg lol.

6. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    Ensure that the keyboard has the latest firmware. Even if you do, flash the same firmware on the keyboard again. I had a small hiccup once that was quickly resolved by reflashing the same firmware.

deltatux

7. robtorbay

robtorbay Guest

GPU:
    ASUS ROG LC 6800XT
    Oh really? Supper idea mate! Ill give it a go and post a reply.

Thx dude.

8. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    I'd think something like this is most likely caused by low power from the USB.

9. Crisis66

Crisis66 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX970
    This.

I know from experience that a USB port can cause a lot of issues. Do you have it plugged into the front ports and how many devices do you actually have occupying USB ports on your computer?

I had this issue with my old iPhone that would constantly sync in and out with the computer due to lack of power from the USB.

10. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    I had my L key registering twice sometimes and it eventually just went away on its own.

11. robtorbay

robtorbay Guest

GPU:
    ASUS ROG LC 6800XT
    The USB port is what I was thinking it may be, I tried it on all the different ports and it still had then issue. The only other USB devices the PC include a printer and a headset!

I tried the Firmwear update and It has been a lot better since then it is still dull but it appears that it is not the only dull key. I am going to call it fixed and hope for the best.

Fingers crossed.

Thx for the replies everyone appreciate the inputs.

12. automaticman

automaticman Master Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Vapor-X
    You might also try a powered USB hub.

Is this something where the keyboard starts out ok when you start using it and then fades, but starts over again the next day?

Or an issue where the leds just keep getting dimmer as time goes on regardless of whether you reboot the PC, unplug the KB, etc?