Softmodded Qudro FX and GELATO?

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by Bluefirexp, Apr 29, 2004.

1. Bluefirexp

Bluefirexp Guest

GPU:
    Waterforce GTX 1080
    Softmodded Quadro FX and GELATO?

Wonder if someone using Linux tried that already. Nvidia says GELATO will at least DOUBLE the FINAL rendering speed in Maya and one day 3dsmax by making the GPU work as a something like a second CPU :)

Last edited: Apr 29, 2004
  2. AlphaTier

AlphaTier Guest

I tryed it with my Hardmoded one. But i don't get the PCI-ID to 0x0338. Yesterdy i tryed some NVStrap Configurations under WXP
    With the 53.30 i got Error 10. and the 52.16 woked 4 me without Softquadro4 until the next Reboot. It's so strange.

3. Bluefirexp

Bluefirexp Guest

GPU:
    Waterforce GTX 1080
    You mean Eroor 10 in GELATO? How did you use NvStrap under Linux??

4. AlphaTier

AlphaTier Guest

error 10 in WinXP also Nvstrap was used under WinXP.

Without changing the Hardwired PCI-ID "Moded Quadros" will not work under Linux

5. Bluefirexp

Bluefirexp Guest

GPU:
    Waterforce GTX 1080
    Hey man, what are you talking about? Maybe wrong topic?:p
    There is NO GELATO version out for Windows yet

6. AlphaTier

AlphaTier Guest

But how will u Softmod your GeForce under Linux? Think about that. I've Suse 9.0 installed on my system. the Card will still be a 5900. And GELATO ONLY workes with Quadros!

7. Bluefirexp

Bluefirexp Guest

GPU:
    Waterforce GTX 1080
    Maybe my English is terrible, i didn't understand that you talk about GELATO also. Going to lessons tomorrow :p

8. AlecRyben

AlecRyben Guest

GPU:
    5x580 2x590 2x780Ti 1x970
    "Can i come with you in getting a gelati?" - Little Nicky
    :D

9. dapperdan

dapperdan Active Member

GPU:
    softquadro 5900XT
    humm, Gelato seems to be a cool accelerator ...
    Cannot wait until the Win. release ;)

10. Bluefirexp

Bluefirexp Guest

GPU:
    Waterforce GTX 1080
    Let's hope NV will not limit it to FORCEWARE drivers...It must run on the good old 45.28 :cops:

11. dapperdan

dapperdan Active Member

GPU:
    softquadro 5900XT
    yep !
    for sure ...

12. Bluefirexp

Bluefirexp Guest

GPU:
    Waterforce GTX 1080
    Windows XP version for GELATO will be available on August 11th! And the 3dsmax Plugin for GELATO would be AMARETTO from Frantic Films software.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/IO_14923.html

The new version of Gelato for Microsoft Windows XP is also expected to be available August 11th at http://film.nvidia.com. Users interested in being Gelato Beta 1.1 testers may send an email to NVIDIA’s Digital Film Group at gelatoinfo@nvidia.com.

In addition, a new Gelato-compatible plug-in for Discreet 3ds max® has been developed by one of North America’s most creative and talented studios, Frantic Films.

“Gelato’s flexible shader networks and the strength of its API provided the inspiration to develop Amaretto, our new 3ds max plug-in for Gelato,” said Chris Bond, president of Frantic Films. “We’re used to taking on tough projects. But developing for Gelato was not one of them. NVIDIA was extremely supportive and the extensibility of Gelato is remarkable.”

Last edited: Aug 9, 2004
  13. Bluefirexp

Bluefirexp Guest

GPU:
    Waterforce GTX 1080
  14. Bluefirexp

Bluefirexp Guest

GPU:
    Waterforce GTX 1080
    it's for Maya only at this time, maybe someone with Maya should try. It installs well and runs, so it accepts softmodded FX cards :)

The sad side:

WARNING: Gpu Error: Not using the preferred NVIDIA OpenGL driver version 5672. Your performance will be severely degraded. Please install the driver included with your distribution in $GELATOHOME/etc

So it seems with our 45.28 we won't get the performance we dreamt of..