Samsung Announces Its New USB Flash Drive Family

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    amsung Electronics announced a new suite of slim and sophisticated USB Flash Drives (UFD) available in three ergonomic form factors, each equipped with robust Samsung NAND flash technology....

Samsung Announces Its New USB Flash Drive Family

2. Humanoid_1

Humanoid_1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 X Trio
    Not as fast as I was expecting...

I thought Samsung's new Flash drives would have a bit more "Flash" to them.

It still annoys me that so many Flash drive manufacturers leave out the Write speed for the most part and sometimes all together. For me the Write speed is usually Most important due to wanting to dump data on it and take it somewhere.

Waiting to write 30GB ++ of data is quite tiresome.

Even the 130MB/s read speed is not as big as I was hoping. I currently own a 128GB own branded USB Flash drive some a company called 7dayshop which can do (tested on my one.) Write 69MB/s and Read 206MB/s. Not so bad for what cost me £34 inc delivery & tax about 6 months back :)

I Know you can do Better than this current attempt Samsung !

3. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Yeah, no mention of writes suggests it may not be great on that front. Anyway for large amount of data copy prefer to use 2.5" portable USB3 HD. Much faster (up to 90mb/sec write) than any flash drive I've tried, even ones rated at higher speed.. and more consistent in performance.