data backup software Win10 recommendations?

Discussion in 'General Software and Applications' started by cinematicCG, Jul 14, 2016.

1. cinematicCG

cinematicCG Guest

GPU:
    ATI/RADEON 9600 SE/128MB
    What would you recommend for PC Windows 10 OS to use for data backup software?

Sure there are different strategies such as
    multiple versions of your computer backups so you can recover to a previous state
    on-site multiple HDD
    off-site HDD
    cloud storage.

I am specifically interested in the backup software to use for the incremental data once you do the bulk of your data with the software also. The maintenance if-you-will. weekly, monthly. I've heard Acronis True Image by some and also that it is a joke by others. I want to pay for the software once, not a reoccurring license. Recommendations?
    This thread deals with Windows 10 PC OS only.

2. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
  3. francisw19

francisw19 New Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980Ti
    I'll second the suggestion of Macrium Reflect above. :thumbup:

I've been using it for several years with absolutely zero problems. And it will do incremental and differential images as you mentioned. I've got it setup to take monthly full images and then incremental images every few days or each week. It works great with my NAS and all this is done automatically with the schedule setup.

Plus there's a free version as well. (Sorry - can't post the link, just google Macrium Free)

If you want to look into some cloud storage as well (never hurts to have a few different backup methods) I've been quite pleased with Backblaze and can recommend it without hesitation. :)

4. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Macrium Reflect or just Robocopy with /b /mir switches.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2016