MSI Afterburner 3.0.0 Beta 17(2013-11-14)

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by msi-afterburner, Nov 14, 2013.

1. msi-afterburner

msi-afterburner Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI N275GTX Lightning
    Hi guys, the Afterburner 3.0.0 Beta 17 is ready for you to download. this version supports the control of NVIDIA and AMD graphics card, if you get the card, you may try to play it.

Change note:
    Now supported MSI R270X HAWK and AMD Hawaii family voltage control.

Download link:
    http://www.guru3d.com/files_details/msi_afterburner_beta_download.html

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Guys, I've just noticed that in beta 17 database we unlocked voltage control for reference VGA BIOS only. So those who flash third party BIOS are out of luck. We'll remove reference BIOS restriction shortly and upload updated new version.
    In meanwhile, while revised beta 17 is not uploaded experienced users may unlock voltage control in current beta 17 by adding the following lines to hardware profile file (.\Profiles\VEN_1002.......cfg):

[Settings]
    VDDC_IR3567B_Detection = 30h
    VDDC_IR3567B_Output = 0
    VDDCI_IR3567B_Detection = 30h
    VDDCI_IR3567B_Output = 1

Last edited: Nov 14, 2013
  3. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    Thanks for the tip Unwinder, I'll try AB3.0.0.B17 later today on few cards at home first without and if needed with modified hardware profile file...

4. Olvik

Olvik Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080
    Thanks

5. kcuestag

kcuestag Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980Ti G1
    Awesome! Can't wait to get back home and try it out.

6. passionne

passionne New Member

GPU:
    GTX 260 216sp
    Thank you for this release. For 290/290X cards, I see that the maximum voltage offset and frequencies are +100 mV and 1235/1625 Mhz.

Is it possible to increase those limits ? Indeed, my 290 is watercooled and the GPU and VRMs temperatures are low with these parameters. Consequently, I still have a margin to go higher.

7. Unwinder

No, we won't provide higher than +100 mV offset, sorry.

8. kcuestag

kcuestag Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980Ti G1
    Is this for safety reasons? And how much voltage would that mean for my reference 290X?

If it's for safety reasons, then I'm glad you did it. :)

9. Unwinder

That'd not "what I did". MSI defines safe limits for each card.

10. kcuestag

kcuestag Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980Ti G1
    Sounds fair, thank you. :)

Hopefully I can reach +1200 on Core (It does 1125 on stock volts). :banana:

11. Unwinder

Hehe, after reading beta 17 feedback in different forums I'm starting to think that reference BIOS restriction for 290/X voltage control is actually a good thing. At least we can isolate tool and forum from ungrateful ASUS or other vendor card owners who try insult MSI for not giving them FREE voltage adjustment for their cards. Natural born stupidity of some people never stop surprizing me.

EDIT:
    o-verclockers.co.uk seem to be censored not just for fun here :) Glad that links to that trolls lair are autocensored by our forum ;)

Last edited: Nov 14, 2013
  12. kcuestag

kcuestag Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980Ti G1
    I've always had voltage control on all my cards but never really demanded it, it's always a nice extra though, so I'm happy for it. :)

Will test this BETA when I'm back home in an hour or two.

13. Unwinder

Some words on the next version development:

As I previously announced, we've got a deal with MSI on sponsoring 64-bit RTSS development so I've already stated working on it and we can expect working RTSS 6.0.0 with 64-bit OSD and screen/video capture support somewhere in the middle of December. There will be no other new features neither in AB nor in RTSS besides that, 64-bit support itself is rather massive task.
    Also, as I said before, 64-bit OSD will be exclusively available to MSI Afterburner users only during 9 months after release. It means that I won't be able to provide 64-bit OSD support to any other overclocking tools I develop (so it won't be available in Precision X or any other tool I develop during 9 months of exclusivity period). However, MSI were kind enough to allow 64-bit RTSS OSD usage for other hardware monitoring tools which do not compete with Afterburner directly. So you'll still be able to see OSD in 64-bit applications if you use RTSS in conjunction with HwInfo or AIDA.

14. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    Thank you for beta 17.

ps: just thinking out loud: is there a way i can unlock voltage above 1.3 for my R7770-PMD1GD5 using afterburner? I know through some other software i can, at least, deliver 1.35v. Any chance you have a tip for this fellow guru? Thanks

ps2: i´m working on that other thing.

15. burebista

burebista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060GAMING X
    Again many thanks to MSI and Alex. :thumbup:

16. Unwinder

I commented just a few posts above that MSI defines safe voltage adjustment limits for each model. And no, there won't be official unlock for higher voltages, sorry.

17. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970 Ghz Ed.
    Why are people being so ungrateful and raging about voltage limits, Alexey? You can go past the 100mv limit with the IC commands, so why won't they just make a batch file and do that if they really want to burn up their cards?

18. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    Thanks. Oh well.

I never heard of that process using batch file, could you link it to me so i can try? Thanks.

19. Unwinder

Just got an update on this, MSI will upload beta 17 with new database tomorrow. I remind that in current version voltage control on 290 series cards is only available on reference BIOS with subsystem ID 0B001002.

20. 3dPlayer

3dPlayer Banned

GPU:
    Have
    Because people will burn it and then ask for a replacement.