FX-8350 or FX-6300

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by DarkReign, Dec 7, 2012.

1. DarkReign

DarkReign Guest

GPU:
    780 Classy 1287/6200
    I'm baaaaaaaaaaack!

So results with my brand spanking new Sabertooth.

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/5619204

This is at 4.5 GHz with LLC set to to high, and vcore @ 1.428v. I'm around 1.416v on full load. Temps nice and stable at ~44C. I've bumped my ram up to 1866MHz @ 10-10-10-27. Anything tighter and it bsod's. I'm going to shoot for 4.8GHz with ram at 2133. Timings will have to be pretty loose, but I think it should work! I'm loving the new mobo, and this new cpu is very impressive!

2. orac2

orac2 Member

GPU:
    MSI GeForce GTX 670 OC/PE
    Darkreign,running here mk1 Sabretooth FX......8350 on way here to replace 6200 fx BD
    What is the main difference between boards?
    Running Noctua cooler....the BIG one with 3 fans (Noctua) NHD14 I think
    Contemplating the Corsair H100i,but will see how the Vishera does on air first :)

QUOTE=DarkReign;4504714]I'm baaaaaaaaaaack!

So results with my brand spanking new Sabertooth.

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/5619204

This is at 4.5 GHz with LLC set to to high, and vcore @ 1.428v. I'm around 1.416v on full load. Temps nice and stable at ~44C. I've bumped my ram up to 1866MHz @ 10-10-10-27. Anything tighter and it bsod's. I'm going to shoot for 4.8GHz with ram at 2133. Timings will have to be pretty loose, but I think it should work! I'm loving the new mobo, and this new cpu is very impressive![/QUOTE]

3. DarkReign

DarkReign Guest

GPU:
    780 Classy 1287/6200
    From short description the differences against rev.1 are:
    * New DIGI+ Power Control - All-New Digital Power Control for both CPU and DRAM
    * USB BIOS Flashback - Easy, Worry-free USB BIOS Flashback with Hardware-based Design
    * Remote GO! - One-stop PC Remote Control and Home Entertainment
    * Windows 8 Ready – Assured Compatibility
    * ErP Ready

Changes in the specification:
    * ASMedia® PCIe SATA controller (instead of JMicron's in rev.1)
    * Additional ASMedia USB 3.0 controller w/ 2 ports
    * TB connector
    * Some add. ASUS features
    * 64 Mb Flash ROM

Also, there looks to be a thunderbolt header in the lower left corner (near the usb 2.0 headers). From what I've seen with the FX-8350 they clock quite well on air. Plus, you have a very good cooler for it. I think it depends on what you're hoping to get out the cpu, and whether you have the funds and really just want to tinker with the H100i. I would say it's a good investment, especially if you're hoping to push the 8350 to 5.0GHz. Hope you have fun with it, and please do post some results!

4. hashboyuk

hashboyuk Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA gtx 660 sc
    just picked up an FX8350 and a be quiet! Dark Rock PRO 2 cpu cooler and loving it so far, check out the idle temps !!

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

5. DarkReign

DarkReign Guest

GPU:
    780 Classy 1287/6200
    That's an awesome looking cooler! I wouldn't trust those idle temps though. Unless you're case is at 17C, you're cpu more than likely wont be around there. From what I've seen, the calculations these processors make for the idle temps are usually quite a bit off from the actual numbers. Load temps are pretty spot on though. Chances are it's actually around 21-23C, which is still great. Are you planning on oc'ing a little?

6. DarkReign

DarkReign Guest

GPU:
    780 Classy 1287/6200
    @Orac2

Forgot to mention this. If you haven't already done so, make sure to upgrade bios to the latest version before installing the FX-8350.

7. hashboyuk

hashboyuk Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA gtx 660 sc
    ya i will do some OC ing just enjoying it as it is for now

8. orac2

orac2 Member

GPU:
    MSI GeForce GTX 670 OC/PE
    thanks for the info on the board Rev2

my bios is ver 1604

my case is CM690 Advanced mk2,and have Noctua 140 mm front intake and 120mm Noctua exhaust

may look at the Rev 2 of the Sabretooth ......mabye an Asus RG board for this chip

cheers

9. DarkReign

DarkReign Guest

GPU:
    780 Classy 1287/6200
    I've been having some issues getting this thing stable at 4.7GHz. I keep getting crashes on IBT after only one run. I've upped the CPU NB voltage slightly, and the Vcore is up as high as 1.49v on load. Still crashing though. Not sure if its my ram.