Certificate in Computing

Discussion in 'Programming/Html' started by (.)(.), Mar 4, 2014.

1. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Hey all,

Just after some recommended links and info on some of the things listed below as i've just started a course for Certificate in Computing, so would like to make the most of it and then go on the follow up course i can take if i pass, which is a Bachelors in Information and Technology.

Any info on these would be greatly appreciated:

Does that make sense to anyone?

Cheers.
    Pretty much everything I know about PC's is all gaming based.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2014
  2. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Programming isn't part of the Nat. Certificate in Computing course so why are u asking about it?

And fwiw u should decide what part of the industry u want to work in before studying because employers often prefer MCP/Cisco/CompTia certs over a degree in Computer Science.

However experience is worth even more than a piece of paper.

Check out Seek. There's heaps of vacancies, I'm moving to Auckland so looking for a new job...lol

Computer Lounge are looking for an RMA tester if u want a foot in the door. All that's needed is an interest in gaming/overclocking.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2014
  3. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    Also be sure to keep track of which certificates/qualifications require regular renewal, for example the CCNA will set you back a couple of hundred every few years, and it's not the only one that needs to be kept up to date. That said, it isn't that difficult to pass and once you get your foot through the door your employer will probably cover the costs for you.

4. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Hey guys, Cheers for replies.

Specifically it Certificate In Computing - level 4, if that make more sense.

@ Pill Monster,
    As per your programming comment:
    Im just asking as its whats outlined im my course among other things.

Flowcharts, MOD and Pseudocode, Algorithms etc..

Trying to get my head around the whole thing as its the first time ive done this stuff, also just getting use to the school environment again as i've been in the work force since i left school in 2004.

We've been doing Pseudocode, Algorithms, flowcharts and Modulus this week, ive kind of got the MOD down, but its just everything else thats a bit confusing, though this is the first week after all so i guess practice, practice, practice is the key here.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2014