Intel 730 or Samsung 850 PRO? (240/256G models)

Discussion in 'SSD and HDD storage' started by NomadAssassin, May 22, 2016.

1. NomadAssassin

NomadAssassin Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1060 6GB SC
    Hello people of Guru3d haven't been to the forum in awhile so it's nice to be back. Now, I need your help to help me choose an SSD. I have these tow options. The intel one is 240G and the Samsung is a bit more at 256. Intel is also a bit more expensive but right now the price is not a concern and please do not take into account.
    All I care about is which one would offer me more quality for a desktop use. I'm going to be situating my OS onto the SSD. I need your options, thanks.

2. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Hi there

I would go with 850 EVO there,have this one and I'm really happy with this one SSD

Intel 730 is very comparable to EVO,I think Intel have 10 year warranty and Samsung have 5 years,in some benches they're very close,I've tried few SSD like Sandisk,Crucial and Intel and Samsung and Samsung has been best for me,offered me best results,cheaper Sandisk models are close to Crucial MX200,Crucial MX200 has been slow and not the best...Intel I've tried only cheaper model I think 530,which I'm still using in other system for OSX.

Hope this helps

Thanks,Jura

3. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I go with Samsung they both about same price, but way i see it samsung has one the best controller,

4. vase

vase Guest

GPU:
    -
    read speeds are the same.
    samsung 850 pro has double the write speed than intel 730 (sequential data)
    samsung can costs 60%-70% of intel 730 depending on where you buy

so thats 2:0 for the 850 PRO

(i see that you can ignore price tag. but samsung is cheaper and faster in certain scenarios.)