Is my SSD Samsung Evo 850 failing?

Discussion in 'SSD and HDD storage' started by johnyu23, Apr 14, 2016.

1. johnyu23

johnyu23 Guest

GPU:
    8gb Hyperx
    Hello. My SSD: Ssd Samsung Evo 850 250 GB, motherboard Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 UEFI.

So i want to write about my issues with Windows 10 just before format, when i was on MBR partition. I want to be sure that my SSD is fine or not.
    So listen.

Windows 10 get somehow broken.
    First. When starting Windows 10 boot loader starts by "preparing automatic repair" and diagnosing pc. Then after this i get screen with Your pc did not start correctly or Automatic Repair couldnt repair your pc . And when i click restart then Windows 10 boot fine. So i am needing 2 boots to boot properly to windows. Automatic repair started every restart of pc, every start of pc.

Next.When i was in Windows 10. Task manager and event viewer was not responding and some of the applications stop responding. I was clicking and nothing happening.

I am actually on fresh formatted disk and installed Windows 10 in GPT partition . And no issues anymore. But i make topic because i want to be sure that issue before format was caused by ssd or not.

Somebody with the same SSD Samsung Evo 850 get similiar issues and ssd was faulty.

He said:
    "The system repair and failures to boot would definitely imply bad drive, though you should do a cursory check of things like cables. For what it's worth I had a 250 GB EVO 850 fail in exactly the same manner a few weeks ago. Dropped in a new 850 pro and all is well."

I am little confused. Maybe it is something with disk like he is describing? ( he get the same sdd like me Evo 850 250 GB )
    System repair and failure to boot always definitely imply bad drive?

I check smart in S.Magician and CrystalDisk and all is fine, no errors in memtest86, and i have normal good SSD benchmark scores. Any ideas why i was get problems like that before format? It was related to my SSD like he said?

2. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
  3. johnyu23

johnyu23 Guest

GPU:
    8gb Hyperx
    you have problem? so shu t the fu ck up

4. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    in b4 ban :infinity:

5. mmicrosysm2

mmicrosysm2 Guest

GPU:
    8 MB SDRAM
    Seems OP if the same person has not been banned from those two sites you linked.

If Samsung Magician came back with no SMART errors and your benchmarks sores are within spec I suspect a bad install or issue with Windows 10.

6. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

It's definitely the same person. It's even more obvious since there is no such model number as 'Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 UEFI'. It is UEFI of course (just like any other recent and older motherboard), but UEFI isn't part of the model name. The system spec in his/her signature is also a bit off; no matter how hard you try you cannot fit a i7-3770 into a Z97 board!

I wonder how many other sites it was posted on?

7. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Why someone trolls for this? I see no reason. I mean not posting a link or ad. What's point. Interesting.

Anyway. I have Samy hdd. I use Samsung magic hdd app. Or what ever it's called. U can maintain ur hdd with its own program for good.
    Oh wait. Already said u already tried magician.