ATT causing Battlefield 3 to crash

Discussion in 'ATI Tray Tools' started by AlexRJ, Feb 18, 2012.

1. AlexRJ

AlexRJ Guest

GPU:
    Ati Mobility Radeon 5650
    Hi, recently I read the following tip on the Steam forums to speed up load time in Battlefield 3:

So I did exactly as it said, but having done so, every time I tried joining a game, the application crashes with the standard windows "Battlefield 3 has stopped working" message with the following error report:

Code:
    Log Name:      Application
    Source:        Application Error
    Date:          17/02/2012 23:13:39
    Event ID:      1000
    Task Category: (100)
    Level:         Error
    Keywords:      Classic
    User:          N/A
    Computer:      Alex-PC
    Description:
    Faulting application name: bf3.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4f26de8a
    Faulting module name: bf3.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4f26de8a
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x00107e60
    Faulting process id: 0x10ac
    Faulting application start time: 0x01ccedc9c22e00cd
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 3\bf3.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 3\bf3.exe
    Report Id: 0662c2b2-59bd-11e1-b2b6-00262d945feb

I have tried the following and yet the game still crashes - it was definitely working right before I followed those steps:

• Reversed what I changed in ATT.
    • Uninstalled ATT.
    • Restored my system to an earlier date.
    • Uninstalled all display drivers with DriverSweeper and reinstalled the latest versions.
    • Uninstalled, re-downloaded and installed Battlefield 3.

As none of these have worked, I'm really lost for what to do now and was wondering if anyone had any idea what might work or how the Multi Threaded options work and how to reverse what they do? Any help or advice is very much appreciated.

2. Nico122

Nico122 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 5770 GDDR5 1G
    Hello, As I read the exception code, according to Microsoft

The most typical causes for the ‘0xc0000005: Access Violation’ error are: corrupt registry, malware, faulty RAM, faulty drivers, incorrectly written, installed or updated software and even Windows security features.

This is the following reasons your game might fail.

:) I also play Battlefield 3 with ATI tray tools, I have not had any problems so far.

3. Hellcat1992

Hellcat1992 Guest

GPU:
    Vapor-x 7770 OC
    How can I reset ATT to default setting, there is only one way i tried is to re-install window