GeForce 372.90 WHQL driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Driller_au, Sep 21, 2016.

1. AngryWolf

AngryWolf New Member

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1080 SC 8MB
    Been having issues with Forza 3 Horizon. I think the crashing issue is likely Antivirus related (though not sure if it's causing the screen to freeze with sound stuttering), but I'm getting artifacts on the right side of the screen when playing. Anyone else getting this and know if it's a known issues with the driver? I'm playing at 3440x1440 100hz.

I was going to link to picture, but it says I can't as I need more posts...geez.

2. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I've only had one crash in Forza Horison 3 so far (in almost 20 hours of playtime) but it happened after this new patch and during a race last night.

What annoys me more though is the flickering textures on distant mountains and hills... I'm not sure if it's an LOD bug or some kind of lighting glitch but it is noticeable and distracting. The latest game patch did nothing to fix this so I'm wondering if it is a driver bug? The only thing I am forcing in the NVIDIA game profile is Maximum Performance so I cannot see that being the cause.

Anyone else with Forza Horizon 3 and a GTX 1080 seeing this same issue?

3. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I saw someone mention this in another forum. I believe they fixed the issue by increasing MSAA from 4x to 8x.

4. peppercute

peppercute Guest

GPU:
    Msi 2080Ti TRIO
    Soon

5. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
  6. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    It's gonna be ''Game-Ready'' for Mafia 3, Gears of War 4 and Shadow Warrior 2.

7. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Interesting read, thank for that.

The Dynamic scaling option in UWP games is a really neat feature allowing me to increase the resolution by 50% from my native 2560x1440 to 3840x2160 but still allowing the game to adjust it in realtime anywhere between those two settings in order to maintain 60 fps. I wish all PC games had this feature rather than just a fixed resolution. As long as the resolution never drops below native then any GPU resources are used for 'free' downsampling.

It's a great idea and, of course, it allows for console-esque upscaling too from a lower resolution to the native one on less powerful machines whilst still rendering UI elements and text at the native resolution thus avoiding the scaling artifacts you get from traditional downsampling and upscaling.

8. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    I hate that stuff. I want my game to have a consistent look. Not jump from ultra sharp graphics to a ****ty blurfest at random.

No, no, no. Keep your "dynamic scaling". I don't want anything to do with it :-/

9. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    It's OPTIONAL!!! How anyone complain about something that is optional!!! No-one is forcing this on you. Dear me... :bang:

10. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    Driver version 373.06 is up on Nvidia.com

11. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4070 OC
    link pls

12. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
  13. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4070 OC
  14. AngryWolf

AngryWolf New Member

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1080 SC 8MB
    Thanks! I'll give that a shot.

15. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    I thought this at first as well, especially having an X1 with games that use it and don't look very great. Upon actually using it and making sure it is properly set for what I want, I like it a lot. It allows you to keep the graphical settings at whatever level you would like to manually set, so shaders, AO, AA, AF, LOD and all that, but set a bottom resolution to never go beneath while scaling up to 4k in the areas that you are able to run with your hardware.

In Forza Apex when I set all the settings to dynamic it runs great and looks like trash, but in games where you can keep the dynamic nature of the resolution separate from the settings themselves, it ends up being a fantastic option. Or just turn it off altogether and follow the more traditional path. :)

16. archie123

archie123 Guest

GPU:
    Aorus 1080ti Extreme
    Ive just noticed vsync isnt forced on by default in these as it normally has been with me having a gsync display , its set to 3d application controlled