Cannot overclock properly in Ruvatuner. Please help

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by Beerce, Dec 29, 2009.

1. Beerce

Beerce Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 280
    Hello people,

I've searched the forums to the best of my ability and could not find a solution to my problem (although I'm sure it's something simple).

While trying to overclock with Rivatuner and FurMark, I cannot get past 630 Mhz on my core clock (from a default of 602). No matter what I put the slider to, and hit apply, it ends up back at 630. I'm not sure if this happens with the other sliders as well, since I have only been trying to find the core clock maximum at this point.

I don't know if it's a power user setting, or what is limiting it, but I haven't seen anyone change anything prior to OC'ing or anything like that in any of the guides I've read/watched.

Any help is appreciated. I'm trying to have my PC absolutely MAXED and done before the Global Agenda beta sessions in Jan, cause we all know I will have less time to OC when that happens ;)

FYI, my setup:

evga 780i mobo, evga gtx 280, e8400, 4gb corsair dominator, WINDOWS 7 64BIT.
    NOTE: Running 195.62 drivers for 64bit Win7 from nvidia and they are recognized by Rivatuner. I haven't had any problems in Rivatuner yet while using 64bit Win7 or these drivers.

Thanks in advance,

Beerce

2. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    you must have the core shaders unlinked.... you cant push the core too far without the shaders.
    try to push to limit(crashes) with it linked then unlink to fine tune the core,you might get alittle more out of the core that way.

3. Beerce

Beerce Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 280
    ah ok, so you can't just max each on individually? they have to remain scaled a certain way?

4. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    yes thats right :)