Download: Guru3D RTSS Rivatuner Statistics Server 6.6.0

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Jeopardy

Jeopardy Guest

GPU:
    Titan X (Maxwell) SLI
    Thanks for the update!

If there is one feature I would highly appreciate, it would be the possibility to automatically create a new application profile when dropping an .exe file on the RTSS window. I always create a new profile for a new game, and it is very cumbersome to always navigate the billion folders I have to find the new .exe file (when I could just "open file location" on the game shortcut and drop it on RTSS). Just a small nitpick. :)

3. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
    Great job!

4. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    avast flags as threat

5. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    that's pretty kewl...

bonus: capping at refresh rate via RTSS (DOOM) prevents tearing when FPS going over maximum refresh rate with FreeSync woohoo!

edit: spoken too soon... :(

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
  6. Irenicus

Irenicus Master Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti OC
    Then unflag it :bang:

7. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    It's great to see it has Vulkan support. I'm not sure if this is the appropriate place to discuss this, but I've noticed if the OSD is on it can really mess with some emulators. Specific games in CEMU and it completely shreks Citra. Can anything be done about this?

Between Avast, AVG, and Avira, Avira is the one with by far the least false positives. Also advertises less, it has a setting, you can pick once every 48 hours as opposed to the other two which are every day.

8. __hollywood|meo

__hollywood|meo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6700xt @2.7ghz
    so unwinder is basically a god, thanks

9. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    @Hilbert Hagedoorn thanks for sharing but how about opengl? i wanna test on Dota 2.

10. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

11. Unwinder

Actually you don't need to navigate the billion folders and browse for exact location of each new .exe when adding a profile. Just copy executable file name from the shortcut and paste it in the profile name.
    Also I'm wondering why do you need to add a profile for each new game? Do you cusomize OSD color/position for each application independently? Or probably have OSD/hooking disabled globally?

12. Unwinder

No promises, but I'll try to download it and see what's going on if I have some free time. Currently create the profiles for such emulators and disable hooking for it.

13. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Just wanna say thanks for developing this program - I use it to cap framerate to 142fps on 144Hz monitor so that I can use G-sync without incurring the increased lag you get if it were to be allowed to stabalise at 144fps. (also use it to display framerate).

14. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Alright, thanks. Just to provide some more specific info: In Citra the frame rate plummets to a crawl if the OSD is on, it doesn't matter what game is running. It shows an error in the background window constantly. In CEMU some games such as Super Mario 3D World fail to update the frame so it remains stuck on the same screen. Disabling the OSD or changing it to something aside from Raster 3D (which is the only one which works in it) gets things immediately working again. And when the OSD is on in CEMU it's upside down in almost every game.

I honestly have no idea about this stuff, whether you can do anything about it or something needs to be done on the emulator's side. Either way thanks for your time.

15. Weekend

Weekend Guest

GPU:
    1660 S
    Try using shift+RMB > copy file location

16. Unwinder

I had a chance to peek inside Citra emulator during dinner break. Looks like it is rendering from OGL 3.x context with deprecated legacy OGL functionality, so RTSS needs special profile for this application to render OSD from separate legacy context. Create profiles for both

citra.exe.cfg
    citra-qt.exe.cfg

with the following contents:

Code:
    [RendererOpenGL]
    Context = 1

and give it a try, it should do the trick.

P.s. I've also downloaded CEMU but having troubles finding proper ROMs for it for debugging the issue. Can you PM me some direct link to a ROM I could use?

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
  17. Jeopardy

Jeopardy Guest

GPU:
    Titan X (Maxwell) SLI
    I'm creating a new profile for each game because some of the games require some tinkering before I get the OSD to show properly and so that RTSS doesn't clash with DisplayFusion. Many modern games have proven to be very particular on the combined settings of the two so that they work in exclusive full screen. (Also the NVIDIA Surround I run all the time doesn't help).

But the file path trick works well enough.

18. GSDragoon

GSDragoon Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon RX 6800
    Thanks for the update.

19. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Updated without any issues. Thanks for all the work given into it.

20. Goiur

Goiur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    Maybe im doing something wrong but... rtss is not working with dota2 @ vulkan. :infinity: