ATT suddenly makes a bunch of different programs CTD on startup (raphook.dll)

Discussion in 'ATI Tray Tools' started by Psythik, Sep 14, 2012.

1. Psythik

Psythik New Member

GPU:
    HIS 5770 1GB
    I've been using ATT for years with nary an issue, but suddenly I can't start a bunch of different programs without them crashing upon startup. Programs include, but are not limited to ArmA II, Everything (the program, not literally everything), GTA IV, TuneUp Utilities, and Steam. I get "x has stopped working", and when I click "View problem details", almost all of them mention raphook.dll under Fault Module Name.

When I close ATT, they run just fine, however. I have to set my clocks, then close the program before running games or they won't boot. Normally this wouldn't be a big deal but that means I don't get the overlay anymore in games. Research says that it could be caused by faulty RAM, but it passes Memtest with flying colors. I underclocked my sticks back to stock speeds though, just to be safe.

What causes this problem, and how can I fix it? I'm not about to switch back to CCC because it's overclocking function isn't very good. Suggestions?

2. Psythik

Psythik New Member

GPU:
    HIS 5770 1GB
  3. Philos

Philos Guest

GPU:
    RHD 6850
    ATT v1.7.9.1573 requires a copy of atipdlxx.dll in its install directory. I do not know which versions prior to that do not require the library.

atipdlxx.dll isn't included in the newer drivers; the most reliable way to get the library is to download an older version off of AMD's site and extract it using the command line tool expand. The file you're looking to expand should be atipdlxx.dl_, or something very similar to that.

EDIT: While I was typing this I forgot your problem was with the raphook library, not atipdlxx.

Raphook has problems with some overlay programs like Mumble. To solve it add the program that raphook is having a problem with to the exclude list in Automatic Overclocking.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2012