Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.6.1 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Warkratos, Jun 8, 2017.

1. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    Vase, what GPU are you using?

And really good work on AMD's part regarding Dirt 4. Techspot has done a 27 GPU review and nvidia seems to be trailing behind AMD in this title. But I am pretty sure nvidia will optimize their drivers further to close the distance.

2. vase

vase Guest

GPU:
    -
    Crossfired 270X

3. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    If it's CEMU it could be that PrMinister is using a config file ( https://github.com/slashiee/cemu_graphic_packs ) to allow for a resolution above (Or below, if desired.) that of CEMU's default of 1280x720 I think it is.

Still should be mostly CPU limited though unless you go 4K or above although AMD GPU's performance is a bit lower than Nvidia's and there's some display bugs in a few games such as shadow glitches in Zelda: BOTW going by their Reddit discussions.

EDIT: Although the emulator is more about single core performance so a high clock speed be more important than core count or newer architecture though those do play a small role but as with the actual console the CEMU emulator isn't as threaded if I understood that correctly?

Deleting the old config file is recommended between versions though as is cleaning out shader caches although 1.8.x of CEMU seems to invalidate older caches anyhow and the emulator doesn't really have that many different options.
    (And there's also that "fence" hack which sorta doubles performance but it trades it for stability among other things though well it helps for more demanding games.)

Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
  4. ninja750

ninja750 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 REF
    any OSD have an impact on the framerate, even the font used in osd is simple for this reason

actually i don't know how many fps they drop maybe 2 on 100fps total or so?

5. gr33nbits

gr33nbits Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire RX460 Nitro 4Gb
    Driver Packaging Version 17.10.3211-170606a-315028E-DO_NOT_USE3

Driver Packaging Version
    17.10.3211-170606a-315028E-DO_NOT_USE3

Why DO_NOT_USE3 ???

BTW i think performance decreased with this new version on all games.

6. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Re-download and re-install :)
    It's OK.

7. gr33nbits

gr33nbits Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire RX460 Nitro 4Gb
    Done thanks.

8. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Master Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2070S|6700XT
    FYI on the Dirt4 steam forums some people are having trouble with freezes when starting stages with rain on some AMD cards. Disabling mirrors solves it for now, and devs seem to be on it already.

9. xacid0

xacid0 Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti AMP! Omega
    Sorry, how can i activate RTSS OSD without MSI AB?

10. vase

vase Guest

GPU:
    -

11. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    The game was running fine with previous versions of both AMD drivers and the emulator. I have an older CPU, but it's still at 4.5GHz, and I haven't changed my hardware in between. To be frank, I'm certain that vase isn't actually playing any games, because AMD did something with the OpenGL driver in recent versions and they sent performance down the crapper.

I am aware that I have to "reinstall" the emulator. The only things I keep are controller profiles (that are exported through the UI), and save games (inside the mlc01\emulatorsave folder).

Between CEMU 1.7.5 and 1.8.0 and AMD's 17.3.2 and 17.6.2, something went really downhill.

12. exper46

exper46 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 280 OC
    Which is the best driver for r9 280? Especially for bf1.

PrMinisterGR What do you think? I ask you.

13. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti

14. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Almost 5k in GPU score in 3Dmark Time Spy at 1050/570 1.212v +12%POW

15. vase

vase Guest

GPU:
    -
    have to disappoint you it's on your end

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpI01TnfBMk

if a 270X can do 60fps with 17.6.1 and you are having issues with "performance down the crapper" on a 7970 ! ... then it is simply on your end.

i have stellar performance with this release... across the board. not a single game is actually giving me bad results.

16. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    My guess is that it's your system in the video. If yes, then that's the lightest track in the game. I get the same / better frame rate than you there. The emulator / driver combo is still a piece of floating t*rd, and the fault is AMD's abomination of OpenGL driver. Look at the game's CEMU wiki. Nobody on AMD, no matter the card gets good performance. 750Tis outperform RX570s. It's horrible to say it runs well. It doesn't. It almost did at a point and it's back to horrible again.

17. vase

vase Guest

GPU:
    -
    I mean tell me your numbers if you want to narrow down a specific track that you have FPS problems with...
    You only complain but you actually don't tell any of your ACTUAL performance metrics ... I asked you in my posts before once.

But I have to disappoint you again. Your assumptions are wrong.
    I have 60FPS on ANY track when not recording... And 50-60 like in the video when screen recording...

That is 1080p ... btw....

So again, I cannot see any problems during gameplay on ANY track.

18. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    I challenge you to fps combat on Moo Moo farm at 1080p. I'll have the video tomorrow.

19. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    This gonna be good. :D

20. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Here it is. The first three tracks of the first Grand Prix in the game. Notice the artifacts in Moo Moo farm, how the framerate drops once other players reach me. The second track has no artifacts but again it has slowdowns when other players appear, and the final one is a joke.

CEMU is freshly installed with a proper shader cache courtesy of /r/CEMUcaches, especially for 1.80b. The graphics packs are also updated from GitHub and the 1080p one is selected. My power plan is 100% CPU all the time, and Clockblocker made sure that the GPU didn't fluctuate at all. The driver was 17.6.1.

Everything was captured using Relive with zero performance hit.

Here is the link to YouTube, and below it's the embed for people still using flash.

EDIT: When actually playing without Vsync, there is horrible stutter whenever the counter is below 60. When Vsync is enabled the stutter is gone but the whole game slows down (rendering/physics etc). The same behavior happens with the CEMU and the AMD OpenGL vsync (which is enforceable in this case).

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017