Low GPU usage on gtx 680

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by siulmagic, Aug 8, 2017.

1. siulmagic

siulmagic Member Guru

GPU:
    MSi RX 6750 XT
    Hi i have been experiencing this for quite a while, maybe 2 months, i know this card can perform much better on these games, i see alot of youtube videos but my card does not even come close to them.Also i resintalled my gpu driver with ddu about a month ago, and this did help but not for long. I will post screen shots of hwmonitor, and some game so you can see my low gpu usage issue.

Cpu and gpu both are stock no oc.

Screen Shots

Battlefield 1
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

HWInfo
    [​IMG]

TesV skyrim
    [​IMG]
    web img

2. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Your CPU is a very bad gaming CPU at stock settings.

You will have to OC CPU to help alleviate issue(won't resolve it entirely) or buy a new platform.

That yellow in graph for battlefield is showing CPU bottleneck

Skyrim in particular likes very fast cores not lot's of threads.

3. siulmagic

siulmagic Member Guru

GPU:
    MSi RX 6750 XT
    Would a fx 6300 be any better?

4. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Nope.

Don't bother wasting a penny on that platform, just look into upgrading.

5. TeGarchoFF

TeGarchoFF Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 1070 Turbo
    Yeah, that's a CPU bottleneck right there. If you overclock that CPU to 4.4Ghz or more, you should be at 60 FPS. At least in BF1 , which is nicely threaded. In Skyrim you'll be above 60 FPS most of the times, it'll depend on the amount of mods. As Agent points, Skyrim engine is mostly reliant in fewer, fast cores.

At least the singleplayer portion of BF1 was always 60 FPS locked for me.

[​IMG]

/edit: crap, I messed the webpage layout with that image. Which image hosting do you people use? Also, the JPG compression blurs the Afterburner OSD text :p

Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
  6. siulmagic

siulmagic Member Guru

GPU:
    MSi RX 6750 XT
    i "upgrade" from my 6300 to my 8300. I had it in its original packaging but it seems its now on death row, it is idling at 60+ with nothing running in the background( i repasted the cpu and added extra fans, no change), going to have to stick with the 8300.

7. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Idling at 60c?

What cooler are you using?

Probably improper mounting..
    What are load temps?

8. siulmagic

siulmagic Member Guru

GPU:
    MSi RX 6750 XT
    i reseated the cpu again still idling at 60+c, i have a cool master t2 it cooled it way back when i used it for it. Load temps were 77c. Anyways i switched back to my fx 8300 this one is working properly like always, idling at 23-29c.

So i want to overclock my 8300 i know my craptastic coolmaster t2 wont cut it, what do you guys recommend me? my budget is 40$, i have car taxes and insurance coming up cant spend anymore.

9. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
  10. siulmagic

siulmagic Member Guru

GPU:
    MSi RX 6750 XT
    Does this one have a copper plating, i would prefer one with that, i will keep looking here too thank for the info.

Edit: went ahead and got it for 32 on amazon. will arrive in 2 days, will need help oc this, since i tried once and i cold not increase the vcore on this mobo for some reason.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2017

11. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    http://www.anandtech.com/show/8907/msi-970-gaming-motherboard-review-undercutting-am3-at-100/3

Maybe this can help.

If the option simply isn't there in your bios check for an update.

12. TeGarchoFF

TeGarchoFF Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 1070 Turbo
    I have the same mobo. I believe if you leave the vcore on auto and up the multiplier it will choose a suitable one. Mine is at ~1.4 at 4.4Ghz. You can fine tune later if you wish. Always check the temps though.

13. siulmagic

siulmagic Member Guru

GPU:
    MSi RX 6750 XT
    Thank you i will try that.

14. siulmagic

siulmagic Member Guru

GPU:
    MSi RX 6750 XT
    Thanks for this, but i already know the basics, its this motherboard and vcore, but i think i can do it now with what TeGarchoFF told me.

Edit: Happy to report i have successfully oc my cpu with my new heatsync that Agent recommended, my temps are not ideal as my dile temps are 40-45, and load are 57-60, anyways my cpu bottleneck is completely gone, i still have micro stutters but, i can now play at 50-60 fps easy with my 680. My current oc is 4.1 GHZ at 1.4vcore , seems i need bit more vcore to oc to 4.4ghz, i will keep trying. Thanks again for the help guys, truly appreciate it.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017