The future of guru3d?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Warcrysis, Jul 30, 2017.

1. Warcrysis

Warcrysis Member

GPU:
    Radeon 6900xt
    I've been a member here for a long time and Guru3d is one of the best!

It's aging though.. it's been the same forever. It needs... more. I just finished putting my computer together and though wow I wonder if guru 3D has a app for it community where you can see the news, access the forums, and most importantly share your system with every other member. That would be really cool to have something like that cause the original forum thread format is for desktops.. most of us now are taking photos with our smart phones. Using a smart phones all day all the time. And one thing that's really missing is a app that brings the community together in the modern age.

It was just a thought ***128173; but could be the next big thing for this organization. A more streamlined mobile version of the guru that is centered around news and community for the mobile phones we all use all day lol. Idk. Have a good one.

Also my I forgot my original User namer lol

2. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
  3. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
  4. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    I don`t use smartphone at all. And don`t want to start to. I have one but I only use calls and sms. Call me dinosaur, but why would I use a key hole to watch content when I can use big screen both at work and at home, listening music on good quality player and/or reading books on ebook with e-ink screen (resting eyes from direct light) on the road between home and work.
    To me magic is happening only in desktops (open architecture) where I can participate in almost every aspect and not in consumer products like smartphones and consoles.

5. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    All it really needs is more members and an overhaul of the news section.

Then...yes okay, perhaps work has to be done in the marketing department to draw more traffic to the site...the majority of news I get in the tech industry is from news feeds direct from manufactures and LinkedIN...I don't even know if Hilbert is on there as I haven't looked.

• LinkedIN...there are ways of generating revenue for Guru3D there, multilingually.
    • YouTube...I know, but this is not the only location to post videos to, and seeing how the majority of social is video, one cannot ignore the fact that geeks (no longer) live in their basement and use dial-up...some even have been known to hike and play the flute.
    • Facebook...kinda obligatory, but is good for posting competitions and wet t-shirt competitions.
    • Industry...I do not care what anyone says, this industry is egotistical. If you don't believe me, check out how many of its front-men wear leather jackets...this means the thing they love is themselves and the sound of their voice...these people can be engaged with when it comes to the press...or a leading technology-centric website, like Guru3D.
    • Competitions...whether this is part of the site or through affiliation, this site could do with a new competition every week. This can be the lowest traffic day of the week to even-curve the traffic, or the highest traffic day to take advantage of the 'foot-fall'. If there are any affiliate comps, these have the added benefit of being listed/named/back-linked from or by the affiliate website.
    • Mugs...I want a Guru3D 13 f/oz coffee mug for my desk and office...something I can throw at someone, only to reach into a large cardboard box and pull out another mug, rearming my resolve.
    • Apparel...I want a Golf-hat with adjustable strap to wear when t-eeing off.
    • Design...needs work. Every time I come to this site, it's like I'm stuck in a 2009 timewarp and hit the flux-capacitor by mistake on the way home. Sorry. ffs, there is a 'smilies' animation section on the right of the screen as I type this...

:tomcat::peeleft::bigsmile::download::boob::vader:

Loads more, but yeah - more members, and the above is very short list of things which need to change to make it happen.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
  6. TheF34RChannel

TheF34RChannel Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1080 Strix
    Whatever happens, this forum needs to be mobile phone friendly (it not being so is the reason I'm never in here anymore). It's been long, long overdue!

7. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    Guru3D Coffee mug?....Golf-hat?......F**k Yea!...Great idea!.......:banana:

8. rm082e

rm082e Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 - QHD@165hz
    Make Guru3D Great Again

9. Goiur

Goiur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    New forums had their beta day not to many days ago...

They are cool, work great on both desktop and mobile, and yes, they will get dark theme.

Making things "bigger" does not necessarily mean that they will be better. As long as HH is happy with how its working and revenues he is getting i see no problems with the web.

10. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Define 'bigger' and I'll define 'better'.

Also, I don't think it would be in anyone's interest to second-guess what HH wants - but I feel he would want something which benefits the community.

Something that adds, not subtracts.

11. Goiur

Goiur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    With bigger i mean expanding the business for the sake of doing so "because we can", adding features that may be more time and money consuming than the actual benefit of implementing them, for both the community and business.

Im not trying to guess what HH wants, maybe my ****y english misleaded you, just the opposite.

12. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I enjoy the site how it is. But I do find it ironic, how many people want a mobile friendly version. You would think people posted here on their PC's, given what the forum is for. I think I've come to this site on a mobile device...not even a handful of times.

13. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    Isn't this site/forum quite famous? I thought it had millions of members. Yet it is only 161,331.

I honestly cannot remember how I found it back in 2001, obviously drivers...

14. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I just hope the new forum will automatically resize pictures cause people don't seem to have a clue of what they're posting.

The main site could really use a major overhaul and the app as well.

15. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    oh god yes please hilbert

I came across a thread the other day with full resolution 4k screenshots in it

about 10 pictures at least

16. Jagman

Jagman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    16GB RX6800
    Same here, glad I'm not the only one :)

17. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    I don't even bother to go into the screenshot thread anymore because of that one issue, and i am on a 27 inch monitor. lol

18. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    One person posts a huge picture and then I'm scrolling to read the thread so annoying.

19. Warcrysis

Warcrysis Member

GPU:
    Radeon 6900xt
    Where is the iOS version of this app?

Most people use smart phones now. Plan and simple. The desktop format is always here but a mobile version needs to but invested in...

The forum format works good for some things others not so much.

A good example of a new feature would be similar to a community hub for a game on steam... I place you can post pictures of your hardware. Like and comment posts.. stuff like that. A PC community hub...

The APP needs to be professional and well polished. Perhaps investing in a professional team to undertake this responsibility isn't a bad thing. And yes a renewed push in marketing and appeal for the site is needed. Formats are changing and the way people experience there news and content is changing. Perhaps a figure head is needed like digital fountry or gamers nexus... more content and a active stream of interaction for the community.

20. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™

Left and right? I'm pinching a lot more than scrolling (swiping) when that happens.