Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition Beta for Blockchain Compute

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by mtrai, Aug 16, 2017.

1. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition Beta for Blockchain Compute

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-art...eta-for-Blockchain-Compute-Release-Notes.aspx

Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition Beta for Blockchain Compute Highlights

Important Notes
    This driver is provided as a beta level support driver which should be considered "as is" and will not be supported with further updates, upgrades or bug fixes.

This driver is not intended for graphics or gaming workloads.

Highlights
    Optimized performance for Blockchain Compute Workloads.

Package Contents
    The Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition Beta for Blockchain Compute installation package contains the following:

Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition Beta for Blockchain Compute Driver Version 17.30.1029 (Windows Driver Store Version 22.19.659.0)

2. primetime^

primetime^ Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX Vega 64
    So what is this driver meant for miners?

3. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yeah it should be, driver is a bit newer in version number than 17.7.2 (17.30.1021 vs 17.30.1029 in these.) but a bit older than 17.8.1b6 (17.30.1051) though the file date seems to be a bit newer although that's just the date it was packed so the driver files could be a few days older, checking when they were signed by AMD should work.

EDIT: Actually after checking it again 17.7.2 uses drivers with the version number of 17.30.1041

4. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio

5. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Nice to see AMD doesn't want to lose marketshare to miners.

</sarcasm>

6. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    Just wanted to report back I am averaging about 2 MH/s more with these drivers. These drivers have made my MH/s rate more steady with less ups and down.

I run my 1 RX 480 modded to 580 with some custom timing straps. I would get 26 to 30 MH/s and now I am getting 28 to 30 MH/s, so not a real big boost for me.

I only mine with it when not gaming.

7. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    I'm happy for you miners and Vega owners, but when will the rest of us get the same treatment?

8. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Next week probably.

9. Virs

Virs Guest

GPU:
    R9 390
    Have you tried gaming with those drivers? I'm curious since it says it's not meant for gaming workloads.

10. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    Well was gonna game yesterday but due an unexpected expoit in ESO the game was down most of the day.

Synthetics 3dmark firestrike, timespy, heaven etc are showing the same performance.

11. Darr

Darr Guest

GPU:
    MSI RX480 Armor OC
    I have tried installing two versions of this driver on my Windows 7 installation with an MSI RX 480 Armor 8gb OC card and both times the Radeon Settings window just opens up to a blank white box. Was hoping it might improve the OpenCL compute processing for the distributed computing projects I'm attached to.